palm tree,s in my front garden.

Tom2006

Re: palm tree,s in my front garden.

Post by Tom2006 »

Thinking the same kris but don't forget the mild southampton conditions us northerners can't imagine. Lovely palm whatever the age.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Those pics give us the rest of us something to aspire to.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Cracking Trachycarpus Bill, but no way that it's only 4 years from seed! Looks at least 6-8 years old.
Sorry Kris,i remember when i bought it?.
I do remember it being about 18 inches high and it is growing at a tremendous rate producing between 8 and 10 leaves a year.
At the moment it is sheltered by a 8 foot hedge but in a few years it will grow above that so may produce smaller leaves as a result.
also it is protected overhead by a large Catalpa tree.
Another point to bear in mind is that the leaf mould in my rear garden is over 2 feet deep in places so i think that helps as well.
I have another similer specimen at the very back which you can,t see on any of my pictures.
hope this information was of some use.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

billdango wrote:
Yorkshire Kris wrote:Cracking Trachycarpus Bill, but no way that it's only 4 years from seed! Looks at least 6-8 years old.
Sorry Kris,i remember when i bought it?.
I do remember it being about 18 inches high and it is growing at a tremendous rate producing between 8 and 10 leaves a year.
At the moment it is sheltered by a 8 foot hedge but in a few years it will grow above that so may produce smaller leaves as a result.
also it is protected overhead by a large Catalpa tree.
Another point to bear in mind is that the leaf mould in my rear garden is over 2 feet deep in places so i think that helps as well.
I have another similer specimen at the very back which you can,t see on any of my pictures.
hope this information was of some use.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft

Aah, that explains it. It was an 18inch tall plant rather than seed sown.

icon_thumright
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

WoW :shock: Amazing garden, Like the others I can't believe you dont live in the Med, The white paintwork looks awesome :D LOVE IT..