My Washingtonia cut back by neighbour :-o

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: My Washingtonia cut back by neighbour :-o

Post by Dave Brown »

Seems old folks get a touch of the Victor Meldrews.

"I don't belieeeve it !!!! He's only got that bloody palm tree over hanging our garden now :roll: , by at least 10 inches....... wheres my ladder and scissors. I'll sort it"

a few days later

" I don't belieeeve it !!!! that bloody neighbours' only letting my tyres down every time I block his drive. Really can't understand what his problem is"

:lol: :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by billdango »

Sorry to hear about your washingtonia Dave.
Luckily for me i have got lovely neighbours.
They have 2 big trachys in their front garden and a big walnut tree in their back garden.
They love my jungle and have told me never to move from my house or some numpty will cut everything down and turn it into a block of flats.
It seems to me that you live next door to a couple of Dongerillas?.
rgds Billdango. :x :x :x :x :x
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Good to see you are laughing about it Dave, guess you have no choice really. They sound like right whiners, it always amazes me when people cut off their noses to spite their face. i'm sure the view of your lovely palm before must have been considerably nicer than what they have now, stumps, and sawn off branches. Good for you for keeping cool, me I'd have gone mental :evil: :lol:
Dim

Post by Dim »

plant a leylandii hedge to block out all their sun, which will turn their lawn into a bed of moss and plunge their home in constant damp and darkness

I work as a part time landscaper ... a few years back, was wondering why several of the clematis that I planted for a client against a wall had yellow leaves and were dying...

works out that the old lady who lives next door was spraying the clematis that crept onto her side of the wall with roundup weedkiller

my client was furious!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Just to give a background, They declared war on any animals shortly after moving in, and I had the threaten legal action over covering their garden with wire to snare them back in 2005. I had to quote the Animal cruelty act, and point out how they were in breech. They then declared war on Dogs and Dog walkers outside their property on the public footpath, and several of them banded together and had the council around siting harrassment. The old woman would wait in the front room and pounce on any dog walker passing. :roll:

Sad people really.

The Gardens are south facing so they are on my eastern boundary. That would mean any conifers would shade my garden as much as theirs. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by pdid »

Plant a Sasa and trex border along the boundary and root barrier your side :twisted:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

pdid wrote:Plant a Sasa and trex border along the boundary and root barrier your side :twisted:
Already discussed that on Facebook :twisted: :twisted: http://www.facebook.com/groups/HTUK01/
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Las Palmas Norte

Post by Las Palmas Norte »

We have enough gun control. What we need is idiot control.

Cheers, Barrie.
Dim

Post by Dim »

plant an invasive bamboo hedge, and only use root barrier on your side of the wall

they will have bamboo sprouting all over their lawn in a short time

my neighbour phones the 'environmental police' everytime I have a BBQ ... I'm ex south african, so even BBQ in the snow and I will have another duck BBQ on Christmas day
kata

Post by kata »

Bums n to@@ers :( :(
How blutty dare they icon_aaargh icon_aaargh icon_aaargh

My right side neighbours are plain nosy, everytime I go in the back garden out they come. They are snobs but what for is anyone's guess, they have nothing to snob about.

So friendly too when I got here...stuff em!!

Left side neighbour is great the odd time I do see him.

:lol: :lol:
Ian Cooke

Post by Ian Cooke »

I used to have a clump of Chusquea in my front garden and wondered why it stopped producing new canes. One day I was at home on sick leave and looked out of the window to see my 70 year old neighbour cutting out the new spears at ground level. I also had weedkiller problems once but could never prove it was him! The odd thing is that he's very friendly and takes in parcels and so on!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

My neighbours, on both sides, cut my plants that overhang their gardens :x

I wouldn't mind but they NEVER go into their gardens, which are completely bare, & they even cut off my Phoenix canariensis_CIDP fronds which are several feet above head height! They also cut back my climbers that were growing through the fence (to block them out) & killed the lot & even cut through the wire of my garden lights in the process!! The bloody cowards wouldn't answer the door when we knocked to have it out with them... The same neighbour cut right through the trunk of one of my Musa basjoo before too & said it was "an accident" :x B******s!! :evil: :evil:
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Nathan wrote:My neighbours, on both sides, cut my plants that overhang their gardens :x

I wouldn't mind but they NEVER go into their gardens, which are completely bare, & they even cut off my Phoenix canariensis_CIDP fronds which are several feet above head height! They also cut back my climbers that were growing through the fence (to block them out) & killed the lot & even cut through the wire of my garden lights in the process!! The bloody cowards wouldn't answer the door when we knocked to have it out with them... The same neighbour cut right through the trunk of one of my Musa basjoo before too & said it was "an accident" :x B******s!! :evil: :evil:

Nathan surely thats criminal damage, assuming the musa was in your garden, what excuse could they have had to cut it, or is it open plan and adjoining at the front as some gardens are. We don't have problems that way at all, our neighbours are glad when we do things in our gardens front and back, it makes theirs look bette :D r
billdango

Post by billdango »

The only real answer to this constant neighbour problem is for all us forum members to live in the same street then we can all be left alone to grow our exotics in peace?.
I used to get the same problem some years ago but thank god they moved out.
Now i have fantastic nieghbours who also love exotics so everything is good here.
rgds billdango. :D :D :D :D
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

billdango wrote:The only real answer to this constant neighbour problem is for all us forum members to live in the same street then we can all be left alone to grow our exotics in peace?.
You'd probably find that any plants in pots would mysteriously move around from one garden to another, though :lol: