Braha. Sp Super Silver.

jungle jas

Braha. Sp Super Silver.

Post by jungle jas »

Hi all. Any one growing this Braha or know how cold hardy it is? Will it stand the damp as I know it grows in the deserts in Mexico. I am thinking of buying some seed or should I not bother? Thanks.
redsquirrel

Re: Braha. Sp Super Silver.

Post by redsquirrel »

go for it,ive had a few growing from seed,(only one left as i killed the rest) they are a great colour even when tiny,
bit slow growing mind
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

After one of these as well, Jas.

Saw some at a favourite nursery on Gran Canaria distributed by Canarius. I could only bring back five subjects and this wasn't one of them. I already have a mature armata so this could wait till next year, or if I am too impatient I may have them sent when Canarius resumes dispatching.

They certainly are a brilliant silver colour and I'm keen to compare this to the armata.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I got 2 seedlings from Canarius earlier this year and they are doing really well.

They've both but out 2 split leaves and have 3rd spears ready to unroll.

I wouldn't say they are particularly slow considering they were both repotted when I got them and have not stopped pushing out leaves.

I've kept them well watered and used Miracle Gro Pour n Feed every 2 weeks.

;)
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Thanks lads, I will give it a go.Regards Jas. icon_thumright
Ste

Post by Ste »

Sorry to go off topic but you's mention they are a great colour even when small. How do they compare colourwise with the princeps? Are they similar colour or is this better? Thanks.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Princeps are blue, these are silver :lol:

If you've seen the underside of Princeps leaves then imagine that depth of colour crossed with a Brahea Armata and you're quire close.

There's pics of my seedlings on my blog somewhere.