Trachi from Germany

kata

Trachi from Germany

Post by kata »

Trachicarpus wagnerianus

Arrived today, not expected by me yet...great service!

icon_cheers
Attachments
trachicarpuswagnerianus.png
billdango

Re: Trachi from Germany

Post by billdango »

Thats a really nice specimen Kata so i hope it does well with you.
You must bear in mind that it is quite slow growing as even in my garden it has taken a seedling 17 years to grow to 15 feet.
But its worth the long wait so good luck anyway.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

even in my garden it has taken a seedling 17 years to grow to 15 feet.
Noooooooooooooo Bill.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If only I was 10 years old..lmaoooooooooooo

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
billdango

Post by billdango »

Thanks Kata,the whole moral of this is no matter how long it takes its worth the effort in the end.
I,m 67 this year and i never stop planting palms as no matter how old you are gardening never gets boring or out of date.
When i was living in Australia i knew a gardener called Jim who was still digging and planting at the age of 103 and because of his enthusiasm had the body of a fifty year old.
So how old you are is unimportant.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

When i was living in Australia i knew a gardener called Jim who was still digging and planting at the age of 103
:>beard<: :>beard<: Wow..am a fledging......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep up the good work Bill. You know what we think about your garden paradise.....beautiful!!
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Nice one kata, sadly my waggie seeds rotted off, so did my Trachycarpus F's :roll: Glad you got one they are gorgeous and appearance wise 100 times better than the fortueni IMO. :wink:
kata

Post by kata »

I bought a Trachi not too long ago San,

Its leaves were papery and I wondered if it was really a Trachi at all. When this plant turned up it has the same feel, like papery. The new one you see there is a 'hybride', not sure in plants exactly why thats called that.

It seems a nice plant right enough.

icon_cheers icon_cheers