Ptychosperma Macarthurii and Ptychosperma Lineare seeds

leunerj

Re: Ptychosperma Macarthurii and Ptychosperma Lineare seeds

Post by leunerj »

JoelR wrote: I snapped one of the very brittle roots on one seed :? but hoping for at least 2 others to grow.
I did the same thing when I potted up a sprouted Jubaea seed. I thought I'd killed it but bizarrely enough, it has grown bigger and stronger than the other one whose root I didn't snap!?
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

JoelR wrote:Potted up 3 P. macarthurii yesterday with little roots. Got some extra deep square 1.4L pots for these.
You're doing really well with the P. macarthurii, none of ours have even started germinating and they're in exactly the same conditions as the lineare. Weird isn't it.

I've potted 4 Lineare so far but they're not in posh pots :lol: They're in a cut off milk carton with a divider in it. I'm a recycle addict :lol:
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

leunerj wrote:I did the same thing when I potted up a sprouted Jubaea seed. I thought I'd killed it but bizarrely enough, it has grown bigger and stronger than the other one whose root I didn't snap!?
You wouldn't think it was possible would you...but it just shows it's worth carrying on icon_thumleft
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Look at this little baby, it's so sweet icon_queen It's only just under 2 inches high and I love it. It's a P.Lineare
101_1408.JPG
and at last we have at least one P. Macarthurii sprouting...

Ness
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Great results Ness! icon_thumright

How are the carpentaria seeds coming along?
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

Wow :shock: Brilliant. Just roots and shoots on mine so far.

I delidded a couple of Carpentaria seeds on Sunday and when I looked yesterday, they were starting to germinate.
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

:><: I put stuff about Carpentarias on the Carpentaria thread :><: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TidyNess :lol: :lol:
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

This is the same P.Lineare that's pictured earlier but now it's on it's 2nd leaf :D We have a few other little seedlings too but this is the tallest
101_1573.JPG
Here's a couple of P.Macarthurii that will soon need separating I think. They're nice and green compared to the carpentarias
101_1572.JPG
Ness
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Looking good Ness icon_thumright

Can I suggest once again to keep the soil a bit dryer (or allow it to dry out between waterings) and you might find the do better in the cold...
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

Quick update: Here's one of each, pics taken today.
100_2023.JPG
100_2024.JPG
Yes, will do Sean! Although, I had just watered these when I took the pics :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note to self: There's some wine left in that bottle, must go back & get it drunken_smilie1

Ness
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

Very healthy plants there Ness, especially the lineare. What are your overwintering plans?
HarryandNess

Post by HarryandNess »

We're going to keep a close eye on temperatures Sean because last year it was still really mild in December. When it drops below 10c at night in the greenhouse, they're coming in the house. This will prevent dramatic changes in temperature during any 24 hour period. The windowsills will be full this winter! :lol: :lol: :lol: