Re: Parajubaea Torallyi In New Zealand

Post by Rod »

Another very nice Parajubaea torallyi - New Zealand
Attachments
Parajubaea torallyi.jpg
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

I love these, its a really fun mix! lol Are the ones in the first pic for sale or are they in someones garden? because theyre a brilliant size!

I'll have to keep my eyes open for one, can't find any seeds online though :( must be quite rare in this part of the world!
Rod

Post by Rod »

Addictedtopalms26 wrote:I love these, its a really fun mix! lol Are the ones in the first pic for sale or are they in someones garden? because theyre a brilliant size!

I'll have to keep my eyes open for one, can't find any seeds online though :( must be quite rare in this part of the world!
These are in a public / private garden, but they do sell them here in 160 litre bags.
They are available for sale in the UK - You would have to ask others on this forum to help you in that area.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

The Palm Centre has (had) these in stock quite recently icon_thumleft
Addictedtopalms26

ok i might have a look! hopefully they'll have some small ones at reasonable prices!! lol have you got one nathan?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Addictedtopalms26 wrote:ok i might have a look! hopefully they'll have some small ones at reasonable prices!! lol have you got one nathan?
Yes, I have 2. One is still a strap leaved seedling about 2ft tall & the other (which was purchased from The Palm Centre last year) is 3ft tall & going pinnate now. Both are planted out, but don't get much sun, so are not very fast growing...

It was about £30 from memory, but they did have much larger ones about 5-6ft tall for about £200...
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Mine was 1/2 price from Amulree (all sold out now no surprisingly), so £40.
IMG_0367.JPG
If they come back in stock at 1/2 price I'm going to snap up a few more.
Rod

Post by Rod »

MikeC wrote:Mine was 1/2 price from Amulree (all sold out now no surprisingly), so £40.
IMG_0367.JPG
If they come back in stock at 1/2 price I'm going to snap up a few more.
Very Nice plant Mike - How tall is it ?
Addictedtopalms26

That was a bargain at £40 Mike! and thanks Nathan i'm planning a trip up there soon so might buy some of the cheaper ones icon_thumleft
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Hi,

Took some more photos of it today. Note the mug of tea for scale!

It's in a 30L pot and stands about 5 to 6 feet tall including the pot if you pull the fronds up.
DSCN0917.JPG
DSCN0916.JPG
DSCN0915.JPG

As I said, if these come up in the 1/2 price sale again I recommend grabbing at least one!
Rod

Post by Rod »

That's a nice size Mike ( not too small but not too big ) My one is smaller than that.
Here's a nice one in the Christchurch Gardens just 2km from me.
Attachments
IMG_0916_FOR UPLOAD.jpg
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Mulu have some in stock if anyone wants one.

http://www.mulu.co.uk/plant_info.php?id=1099