Cordyline yellow leaves

cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Cordyline yellow leaves

Post by cheshirepalms »

My Cordyline had started to get yellow leaves and not just the old ones, some new shoots show signs of yellowing. It gets watered when dry although I've left it this week as it was so wet in April/Early May and I thought it would enjoy a rest bite from soggy soil. I bought it last October and housed it in the greenhouse until I planted it out in March. It grew even over winter and looked good. Does anyone know why its turning yellow now?
Attachments
photo(68).JPG
photo(68).JPG (40.08 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
photo(69).JPG
photo(69).JPG (40.7 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
Darlo Mark

Re: Cordyline yellow leaves

Post by Darlo Mark »

was it in a pot when you bought it? They don't like being transplanted but a pot plant should have been fine.

Maybe a seaweed feed for the roots but I would leave it alone and hope for the best. Keep moist but not water logged.
cheshirepalms
Location: Ellesmere Port, Mersey estuary, Cheshire 53.2N 2.8W

Post by cheshirepalms »

Yes it was in a pot when I bought it and it I repotted it, it grew well over winter in the greenhouse, its been in the ground since March but has only yellowed in the last few weeks. Been using bloodfish and bone.
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

If it's in reasonable well drained soil,and the roots are teased out enough, it could be down to the strong sunlight this last couple of weeks, paticularly if you've had it in shade for months on end, then planted it straight out. If that is the case, you'll just have to wait for it to grow more leaves, that shouldn't take long, but the existing ones will remain yellow.