Beckenham Butia

redsquirrel

Re: Beckenham Butia

Post by redsquirrel »

JakoMonster wrote:there quite nice palms really, the only palms i have that grow fat trunked palms are phoenix canariensis, i might buy one these, are they slow growing? what type of butia are those in the pictures?
down your neck of the woods,one will do well for you Jacko,i had a good one out front that once established,got a move on,sadly the 10/11 winter hit it badly but it has recovered well since.one more year with a greenhouse over it from november onwards til april/may, should see it through to being respectable again
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
JakoMonster

Re: Beckenham Butia

Post by JakoMonster »

redsquirrel wrote:
JakoMonster wrote:there quite nice palms really, the only palms i have that grow fat trunked palms are phoenix canariensis, i might buy one these, are they slow growing? what type of butia are those in the pictures?
down your neck of the woods,one will do well for you Jacko,i had a good one out front that once established,got a move on,sadly the 10/11 winter hit it badly but it has recovered well since.one more year with a greenhouse over it from november onwards til april/may, should see it through to being respectable again
Not much of fan of fat trunked palms with the exception of CIPDS (one of my favourite palms) but i do like these Butias i think i shall get one of these i think, that's good that yours has recovered icon_thumleft