How wide borders?

Deedee

Re: How wide borders?

Post by Deedee »

Its hard work Kata when your garden needs so much done before you can have it the way you want it. This is our first garden so we went in blind, so much clearing to do, crazy paving etc, i wouldn't want to do it again..

Oooh excited for you, take plenty of pics for us icon_thumleft gett'n those conifers cut down will make a huge difference, what shape lawn are you going for? Nice bit of colour there in your gravel icon_thumleft
billdango

Post by billdango »

About 4 feet wide should be plenty wide enough Kata as you can then reach across to dig without treading on the soil.

Plant your Trachycarpus about 2 foot in from the lawn edge and it should be okay but remember to keep the neighbours side trimmed when it gets above fence height.

After a number of years you can trim of the lower leaves to leave a clean trunk and still finish up with a nice rounded top.

Or plant it in a corner position which will work just as well.

billdango icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

great pic of the Trachycarpus in the sun Kata! can't wait to see it planted out :D

You'll be fine up Wigan way for winters etc, I bought one of my trachys not so far from there and it was never protected
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Dee, Bill and Cordy,

Cordy I saw an Image once of a guy's leaf like mine. I just thought if he can then so can . It was a year or two before I tried and i'm pretty suited with it as I am no photographer... :lol: :lol:

Dee, your garden was one I dl last year but now I can't find it, it was full of alsorts in the borders.

:mrgreen: