Phoenix Roebelenii

Adrian

Re: Phoenix Roebelenii

Post by Adrian »

Couple of points worth remembering, dont buy poor or dying palms, end of the day they arent worth it, even if you successfully bring them back to health then you will be looking at something horrible for a few years.
For something to go into the conservatory or house then surely its better to spend a bit more and have something nice to look at.
Phoenix roebelenii are best grown stood in water but definately not if the palm is struggling with health.

Heres one that goes against everything I have said above :lol: , this was used in a promo film for Pirates of the Carribbean and was discarded after and thrown on a bonfire, I rescued with a couple of others and it took me a few years to get it back to health but well worth the effort.
It sat in my greenhouse for a couple of years before being conservatory worthy.
I think it has another year or maybe two before I will have to give it away or give it one last glorious stand out in the garden.
Attachments
IMG_5585 (Medium).JPG
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

with your building skills i dont know why you dont whack a hole in the floor,like a wishing well sort of thing icon_thumleft
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Las Palmas Norte

Post by Las Palmas Norte »

Well done Adrian! Perhaps you could donate it to a building with a high ceiling in the foyer?

Cheers, Barrie.
jezza

Post by jezza »

My roebellini has started throwing up two flower spathes. Bit late or early aint it? :?
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

No not really as they flower any time, I have just put one away that has four inflorescences.
jezza

Post by jezza »

Cheers for that info, thought i had a oddball one :lol: