Poorly Australis

cordyman

Re: Poorly Australis

Post by cordyman »

Hmmmmmm do I cut the head of mine or leave it till next year to see what happens?

The trunk is really bent and the top leaves are a bit shabby

Nick

Post by Nick »

Well Dbman, it looks like we've done all that can be done, time will tell now, my rot was going down the trunk, but why it's so loose in the soil this I don't know, so we will just have to keep our eyes on them.
Cordiman, whats wrong with your Cordi, it looks ok to me, what problems is it suffering, but from your photo it looks not to bad, tell us it's symptoms.

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

nick,from what ive seen from pics of your garden,you dont need that old chestnut.let it go and treat yourself to a new one.as you know,cordies are pretty quick once they get going and your garden is too lush for an old wobbler thats going to suffer every time you get strong winds
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nick

Post by Nick »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Darren I like to give it every chance, but the way it's so loose I think your right, if after 3 years it's not firmed up any but in fact seems to be looser it's time is sadly running out, poor thing. :( :( :(

icon_sunny icon_sunny
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

you never know nick,it might be rotten or rotting underneath,since that tumble.ive heard a few stories of peoples successes with damaged cordies but yet to see one for myself. i always thought that once they had wobbled it was game over.
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Nick

Post by Nick »

You could be right but I wish to give it the benefit of the doudt, time will surely tell. :(

icon_sunny icon_sunny
daftbanana

Post by daftbanana »

I don't think mine is as bad as yours Nick, I was able to put a ladder against the trunk of mine to lop it off with no problems (picture of what's left now attached) so it's obviously firmly rooted. I guess it's a bit late in the year for these new sideshoots to really get going now so will have to see how it develops next spring.
Attachments
poorlycordy.JPG
Nick

Post by Nick »

DBM, I will just have to hope yours gets no worse, so here's rooting for yours.

icon_sunny icon_sunny