Waggie growing

Adam D

Re: Waggie growing

Post by Adam D »

Simba wrote:Well a Waggy from George is at the very top of my wishlist for 2010, so hopefully I can place an order in the coming weeks.... :D

Anyone had anything else from him other than a waggy, Jubaea or Radicalis for example...?
Yes, a takil (I hope ;))

It's been in a pot since last year and the spear is still good and strong.

Darren paid George a visit for his birthday and picked up all of his goodies (don't blame him!). Wish I lived closer.
weve

Post by weve »

Was made very welcome on my visit 18 months ago when I went to purchase my two waggies. (they were excellent and so strikingly green!!!).

Also bought a radicalis, musella and a small fargesia muriallae whilst there all for a fiver each!.

weve

The Palmhouse waggies etc
HPIM2429rtsopt.jpg
HPIM2434sopt.jpg
HPIM2431sopt.jpg
Last edited by weve on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

Image0208.jpg
the jubaea Deb bought me :D
Image0206.jpg
Image0204.jpg
Image0203.jpg
and a couple of pics of the waggies grown on since weves pics and another tunnel, also a little manipur George is preparing for me to collect in spring
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Simba

Post by Simba »

Wow....some hugely impressive pix there... :D

It's probably just as well that I don't live a bit closer, otherwise I could easily go a bit spending silly on a visit..... :lol:

No question, I will be getting a largish Waggy, but I am also sorely tempted by a Jubaea too.....
Vic

Post by Vic »

Get the Jub Simba... I bought one 5 or 6 years ago and it has grown very well. I'm sure the fact that it was UK seed grown has made a difference as opposed to an import which can take a while to adjust to our climate.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Well I did finally get my Waggie from George, and I couldn't say no to this Jubaea for £40, so I got this too......

Very, very happy with both palms, and the service too..... :DD
bev

Post by bev »

nice palms simba :)

lee
Simba

Post by Simba »

I think so too, Lee.... :D

Especially impressed with the Jubaea, cos the ones that I have seen for sale locally were very small (maybe 18" at most) and they were priced up at an incredible £125.......:ahhh!:

So when I asked George if he had any Jubs in stock and he told me he had a 4.5 footer that I could have for £40, I could hardly believe my luck..icon_thumleft
bev

Post by bev »

a bargain and money well spent icon_thumright