Cordyline "Eurostripe"

Simba

Cordyline "Eurostripe"

Post by Simba »

Bit of an impulse buy from B&Q last night, but they had Cordyline Eurostripe and I was quite taken by it.

I have not seen or even of this variety before, but it looks like a cross between a normal green cordy and a Red Star.

I suspect it will be about as hardy as a Red Star but has anyone any experience with these....??
davidjonesUK

Re: Cordyline "Eurostripe"

Post by davidjonesUK »

WoW iv never seen anything like that must be a hybrid icon_scratch if so im deffo going to look out for one :wink: :wink:
davidjonesUK

Post by davidjonesUK »

or it could be a variegated redstar
Simba

Post by Simba »

The nice thing about it, which isn't captured by my little digital camera, is that when held to the sunlight, the leaves have the orange stripes of Indivisa.

Now, I am not suggesting that someone has created a hybrid from Indivisa, but it is a very nice little bonus.... :D
weve

Post by weve »

In the photo, it also looks a little "Sundance-esque".
I'm having trouble getting my Sundance foliage through these winters. so may be an attractive, similar-looking substitute (if hardier).
weve
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I bought one of these last year & it has come through the winter ok, though it is a magnet to snails... It is the same variety sold in other countries as "Choc Mint", which is a better name if you ask me :lol:
Vic

Post by Vic »

These are tough little cordylines. Mine was also a last year purchase and sailed through this winter with no damage where all my other cordys (all under 2ft)are mush.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I have lost two of these now, decent sized ones as well, one last winter and one this winter.
Shame because they are nice looking Cordys.
Simba

Post by Simba »

I saw them in Homebase today too, @ £9.99, so perhaps they will be commonly available.

I'd be inclined to treat them a litle more cautiously, same as my Dazzler, I think it would be worth it, to try and grow this to a trunk size.. :D
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I have managed to get one through the winter this time, the covers are still on but I can see its ok.
Yes I also think its probably like the dazzler hardy wise.

There are a few different variegations out this year that Ive seen already.

I still think its hard to beat the dazzler though.
bev

Post by bev »

i got one yesterday, worth a punt for 6.98 and not as lairy as some new varieties.

cheers

lee
medjool

Post by medjool »

Hi there
I bought three of these last autumn,very nice looking and different,unfortunately in Leominster -13c turned to mush very quickly,the only cordys left here are a few very sheltered large specimens of the green variety.Ever some of the 10ft cordys are toast,very sad!
grub

Post by grub »

Adrian wrote:I have managed to get one through the winter this time, the covers are still on but I can see its ok.
Yes I also think its probably like the dazzler hardy wise.

There are a few different variegations out this year that Ive seen already.

I still think its hard to beat the dazzler though.
That's interesting to me Ade as I lost 4 small dazzlers in my greenhouse last winter icon_scratch . What kind of temps do you think they'll manage?