Cycad revoluta

kata

Cycad revoluta

Post by kata »

I put my Cycad revolutaout in the rain,

Will it be ok, I fetched it in now? I was thinking rain water has the required nutrients.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
grub

Re: Cycad revoluta

Post by grub »

Kate, I rely on an English Summer and shitloads of Miracle Gro to flush mine so in a word........NO! :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

But rain is good for plants grub,

Or is that only 'normal' plants.

I will scream loud enough to break windows if I lose this plant. Even my Swans neck fades into significance I got my new palm and I love the Swans neck but..no contest..

I need to search how to look after this plant indoors.

Its had a couple of yellow leaves which I picked off so I thought it was dry. :(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Kata, there are some tips on feeding etc here
http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/v ... f=114&t=65

Remember they like a SE Aisian summer monsoon. so sat in water in 30C from June to September while feeding high nitrogen feed, with manganese if you can get that will give best growth :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Thanks Dave!

I just need it to survive...its not the price.

:( :(
grub

Post by grub »

Sorry Kate, when I said 'English Summer' I meant Very wet and warm is good.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks grub,

I am going to risk putting it out in june if I hav't killed it off before that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a box of straw from the plants delivery which in winter I can cover the roots with if birds don't nik it. Dave's seemed fine even with snow on it.
icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers
grub

Post by grub »

Mine went out today and that's where they're staying until at least October! :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Really Grub, gosh what a risk taker you are :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Lancashire its really cold at the moment...I would'nt dare till june. Cast not a clout till may is out comes to mind lol

I keep looking at my Cycad on my table and thinking how dry it looks :o :o then I have to remember that they like it that way... dying to water it, but I am strong..hahaha

I am following Dave's 'how to' so june it is then I can drown it with water twice a day. :lol: :lol: :lol: Then as if by magic I will get seven new fronds within days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

kata wrote:
I keep looking at my Cycad on my table and thinking how dry it looks :o :o then I have to remember that they like it that way... dying to water it, but I am strong..hahaha

I am following Dave's 'how to' so june it is then I can drown it with water twice a day. :lol: :lol: :lol: Then as if by magic I will get seven new fronds within days :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They can survive drought, but it is not obligotary. If it is dry, water it, but not too much if indoors. Mine are outside and get rained on until June, but then get deluged daily :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright