Trachycarpus takil are really nani tal

redsquirrel

Re: Trachycarpus takil are really nani tal

Post by redsquirrel »

dont know sam but i will wait until one of the eps members offers me one as there is more chance of it being real
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Vic

Post by Vic »

Europalms are probably selling the largest takils, according to the website they are 8 euros for a 3-4 leaf seedling. I bought a couple of these in 2008 and they are pretty slow.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

have you managed to get any past the first shoot vic?the ones i had from ireland germinated ok but damped off extremely easily.i lost them all
Vic

Post by Vic »

same here Darren, none of the irish ones germinated for me, i bought a couple of seedlings from James, i think they were a fiver each.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i dont think my akamba one is real either,that was a fiver but the oldest leaf is just about definable as 4 ridges.cant see anyone would have bothered pulling off the first one
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

I guess this one will run & run,bit like the 'new' Butia sp.,that pop up like weeds nearly every week now.

I have plants here that were sold to me as takil yonks back,well they look the same as a fortunei to me,except for the creeping trunk exhibited on some.

Does this creeping trunk have any significance?

metalhammer.
Las Palmas Norte

Post by Las Palmas Norte »

I have some of the Nanital from the early (thought to be takil) seed lots. One's now standing at least 8' tall and quite vigorous if watered during dry warm periods, which we've had.

Cheers, Barrie.