Trachycarpus Princeps

Andy J

Trachycarpus Princeps

Post by Andy J »

Can anyone point me in the direction of where i can get a T.Princeps next year? Nothing huge but im happy to pay up to £50 for one if need be. But it must be the real thing as i like the look of the white underside to the leaves. Ive just moved into a new house with a totally blank garden and really fancy one of these.
A lot of my plants have been lifted from the old house but im expecting a lot of losses with them being potted and having to sit in -11c temps that we have had.
Ive got my fingers crossed for my 2m Dicksonia antarctica, 2m Trachycarpus and my 1m+ Waggy. Stuff like Basjoo and gingers are cheap to replace but the bigger stuff isnt.
Simba

Re: Trachycarpus Princeps

Post by Simba »

Amulree did have some for £50 but they might have sold them by now. Worth a quick phone call though especially as they are still offering 50% off.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

or here Andy http://www.canarius.com/shop/palms/Page-3-50 I think one or two have bought from here on the forum and had nice little plants for 15 euros.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

....but you might be better off if they have them at Amulree at half price, as p & p has to be added to Canarius too. Not sure how much this is.

Good luck with the rest of your garden Andy.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i would certainly recommend the canarius plants.half the price of english ones and in really good condition with loads of root too icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Have a look at : www.gardenpalms.com

They have 2 blue-forms of T. princeps.

Alexander
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Thanks for the replies. That will give me something to look at! I think i may wait a few weeks until the worst of the weather is over. Or enlarge my propagating case and switch on the 250w envirolite for a few months!
Adam

Post by Adam »

i can also vouch for canarius the prices are sooo good it makes the nurseries here look very expensive
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I've just ordered some princeps from canarius. I'll post some pictures when they arrive.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Nice one Kris, we'll look forward to those photos....

PS - is the postage reasonable..?
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

no, postage is a lot. I ordered six plant to justify the postage total spend was £106 around £30 was postage.
Simba

Post by Simba »

A good candidate for a group order then to share the costs...

Calling the Essex possee....... :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

another plus for canarius is you might pay 30 quid postage but those princeps will arrive potted and packed really well,the ones that arrived here turned up like they had just been picked out of the greenhouse.no expenses spared on the polystyrene chips or tissue paper packing.we were so impressed.the aloes and agaves were unmarked too.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Sounds like avery good seller then RS, must admit that I am very tempted by the Martianus, and it would be daft not to add a Princeps for another €15...... :lol:
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

its not all good,we did have meally on 2 aloes we bought,but from my understanding,they take your order and get stuff in from various other nurseries.
im only guessing on this going by the emails i had regarding the delay on my order due to a nursery taking its time getting a couple of aloes to them. palmwise,i cannot fault them.even my rhopie was much bigger than expected with excellent roots and still potted which saves months of time for the plants to settle down icon_thumright