Trex (Tetrapanax papyrifer 'Rex') advice

kracker

Trex (Tetrapanax papyrifer 'Rex') advice

Post by kracker »

thinking of purchasing the so called trex my front garden is full sun all day and covered in slate and also have a patch to fill, am i led to believe these can be a pest seen one on fleabay £10 litre pot so if purchased keep it in the conservatory this year and maybe planting next any advice would be grateful..cheers will
grub

Re: Trex

Post by grub »

Will, be warned these are vigorous. I can't advise on keeping them in pots as I just kill them but they are fast, this is mine at 2 years old http://gardenjot.com/garden/photo/1/149 ... le-Hideout.
Last winter has killed it back to the ground and I now have about 40 :shock: , it has also escaped the raised bed it was in so it's safe to say it needs room :lol: .
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

ignore everybody.

buy one put it in the ground and enjoy.

Fortune favours the bold ( and cowards get small leaved rexes.) :lol:
pdid

Post by pdid »

Mine`s gonna be going in the ground. Sod the neighbours :lol:
kracker

Post by kracker »

grub wrote:Will, be warned these are vigorous. I can't advise on keeping them in pots as I just kill them but they are fast, this is mine at 2 years old http://gardenjot.com/garden/photo/1/149 ... le-Hideout.
Last winter has killed it back to the ground and I now have about 40 :shock: , it has also escaped the raised bed it was in so it's safe to say it needs room :lol: .
JESUS !
dave2166

Post by dave2166 »

i still dont know what grub does to get them like that.... his must be a radioactive mutation or something

pdid.... as long as it does come back to me.. :lol: :lol:
callin

Post by callin »

Hi grub,
Your Trex is HUGE!!! :ahhh!: It's not a trex anymore it's a GODZILLA.
what do you feed it man :?:
Do you protect it in winter?
Cheers
kracker

Post by kracker »

pdid wrote:Mine`s gonna be going in the ground. Sod the neighbours :lol:
Purchased ! and my next-door neighbour has ocd so he is constantly grooming his lawn ( my carpet has a bigger pile on it ) ...LOL
grub

Post by grub »

callin wrote:Hi grub,
Your Trex is HUGE!!! :ahhh!: It's not a trex anymore it's a GODZILLA.
what do you feed it man :?:
Do you protect it in winter?
Cheers
Well to answer the questions, feed; I don't and protect; I don't. This last winter saw it's complete demise so I'm starting again from the ground, I'll have to get some pictures to try and watch it's return icon_thumright