King in the sun - TRex (Tetrapanax papyrifer)

Dave Brown
Site Admin

King in the sun - TRex (Tetrapanax papyrifer)

Post by Dave Brown »

The light looked just right so i could not resist taking a few snaps of the King basking in the evening sun. Here is T'Rex :wink:
Attachments
290409 Sunshine 01.jpg
290409 Sunshine 02.jpg
290409 Sunshine 03.jpg
290409 Sunshine 04.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Re: King in the sun

Post by SteveP »

Fabulous shots Dave icon_thumleft

Thats going to be stunner of a plant in a few months time!

Steve
PS I think I must be the only member of this forum who hasn't got a Rex yet :(
Robin Cassell

Post by Robin Cassell »

Not the oly one steve :? ..hopefully soon rectified though now I know what they are :D
Birmingham Chris

Post by Birmingham Chris »

great picture! Would it be really heathen of me to say that I don't quite 'get it' with TPR? I think they're a bit overrated, although Packwood House (National Trust) have some lovely ones. Having said that, it may be jealousy as I had one which did very little for me (not enough sunshine, me thinks) but, when I gave it to a friend, it romped away! - still lookng for an opportunity to get it with the pesticide without being caught icon_spiderman

in my shady garden, I think Fatsia does a fairly reasonable impression albeit in a different colour....

does my admission of this ban me from this site?! If so, I take it back - I love it here, and TPR is my favourite plant if it means I can still be a member!!!!
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cant wait till my babies look like that :mrgreen:
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Oh and can I have the blue sky back please :lol:
themes

Post by themes »

Birmingham Chris wrote:great picture! Would it be really heathen of me to say that I don't quite 'get it' with TPR? I think they're a bit overrated, although Packwood House (National Trust) have some lovely ones. Having said that, it may be jealousy as I had one which did very little for me (not enough sunshine, me thinks) but, when I gave it to a friend, it romped away! - still lookng for an opportunity to get it with the pesticide without being caught icon_spiderman

in my shady garden, I think Fatsia does a fairly reasonable impression albeit in a different colour....

does my admission of this ban me from this site?! If so, I take it back - I love it here, and TPR is my favourite plant if it means I can still be a member!!!!
In deep shade a small tetrapanax Rex came through fine and has three leaves to my relief as I was worried it could take the cold esp at a young age. I love this plant esp big sized ones
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

Nice one Dave icon_thumleft These things seems to grow amazingly fast, my little'un seems to have doubled in size over the last few weeks :shock:
simon

Post by simon »

Birmingham Chris wrote:does my admission of this ban me from this site?! If so, I take it back - I love it here, and TPR is my favourite plant if it means I can still be a member!!!!
No, you don't have to like it Chris, but if there is any justice, you will get banned for suggesting that a Fatsia comes anywhere close to doing an impression of it :lol: .
bev

Post by bev »

here's mine (yesterday), only went in the ground last june as a tiddler and done quite well. its taking off now as i think they need to get their roots down for a few months.
hoping for bigger and better things this year.

ps. excuse the bare soil it will be filled!

cheers

lee
Attachments
30042009180.jpg
dyls

Post by dyls »

I don't have a T-Rex yet either, so you're not alone, (well apart from a T-Rex 500, but that's a radio controlled 500 size helicopter!)
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Dave, what a fantastic set of pictures! How old is your T.Rex? My little one has been planted out now and is growing well already. :D

Bghm Chris, You will find that on here it takes all sorts, 'nanas, spikies, Scheffleras, we all have our fave' plants as well as all of us loving Palms, so feel free to say what you like,
...just be careful, or you may get pushed onto the Opuntia patch at the next meet you go to! :shock: :roll: :lol:
Cathy :wink:
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

lee-ann wrote:Oh and can I have the blue sky back please :lol:
... like the last photo with the deep blue sky, very equatorial unlike the cold grey here
:(
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Cathy wrote:Dave, what a fantastic set of pictures! How old is your T.Rex? My little one has been planted out now and is growing well already. :D
I got the T'Rex pup from Carolpz on UKO in 2007 Planted out 2 years ago this week.They do grow quite quickly :wink: Here it was in May 2007
Attachments
120507 T Rex.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by bobbyd44 »

instant jungle look in the pictures with those leaves!! even against a blue sky icon_thumleft