Fatsia Annelise.

karl66

Re: Fatsia Annelise.

Post by karl66 »

Springy, they are doing free delivery at the moment. will get some pic's up when i can, they are amazing colours though, you wont be disapointed. karl.
Springy

Post by Springy »

karl66 wrote:Springy, they are doing free delivery at the moment. will get some pic's up when i can, they are amazing colours though, you wont be disapointed. karl.
I had forgotten about the free delivery!! I have just ordered one. Thanks for the reminder Karl! icon_thumleft
Photos of yours would be good when you get the chance. icon_salut
karl66

Post by karl66 »

When the soil warm's slightly i'll be planting the two 5 litre annelise . I have three large standard fatsia & was contimplating planting them underneath the large canopy's of these? will they still grow normally with no direct sunlight from above? karl.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

karl66 wrote:When the soil warm's slightly i'll be planting the two 5 litre annelise . I have three large standard fatsia & was contimplating planting them underneath the large canopy's of these? will they still grow normally with no direct sunlight from above? karl.
brendan

Post by brendan »

karl66 wrote:When the soil warm's slightly i'll be planting the two 5 litre annelise . I have three large standard fatsia & was contimplating planting them underneath the large canopy's of these? will they still grow normally with no direct sunlight from above? karl.
All fatsias are happy in shade but if you plant the Annelise under the japonicas it will be competing with the larger fatsias and will probably slow growth down plus could get a bit leggy looking.Annelise in time will get very large so I would plant it in its own sheltered shady spot and plant spiderweb which is smaller under the japonicas.A nursey near me has a mature Annelise planted next to a variegata and a japonica all very leggy and the Annelise doesn't look good at all.Also I know you like to get your plants in quick but i would hold off as it will be pushing out new leaves soon and if they get caught by a late frost they will blacken and you will loose that flush.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Thank's brendan, i didn't realise annelise grew that big at all!, someone mentioned there not as hardy as the standard form hence planting under canopy, i'll have to try and squeeze them in elsewhere now. karl.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

i'd just stick at least one under the other fatsias tbh.