Foliage feed.

karl66

Foliage feed.

Post by karl66 »

Would a foliage feed be of any benefit poured over a chammerops cerifica to help keep the blue foliage or would it still get washed off eventually?. karl.
Tom2006

Re: Foliage feed.

Post by Tom2006 »

Iguna juice is top notch. Not sure what would ensure it doesn't lose the blue colour though.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

It'll only keep the strong blue colour if it doesn't rain much. I guess the best way to keep the colour is to plant it in a rain shadow or hope it's a really hot year so that it grows faster. I'm not saying all the colour will go but I've seen many washed out ones.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

I did think of planting it under one of the larger trachys but they do like a lot of sun to keep the blue so it may not be a good idea!, I think for the time being i'll treat it to a large pot & keep on patio. karl.
GaryW

Post by GaryW »

It will help the plant but make no difference to the blue colour. :D They do vary in their blueness from plant to plant, and as you'll have noticed the newer leaves tend to start off blue and fade over time. Full sun and dry conditions will help maintain the colour the most icon_salut