Dee's Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage Blog.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Deedee

Re: Garden Rebuild from Winter Damage!

Post by Deedee »

What a cheek Palm Lad, So, you had to fork out? hope they dont do the same thing! Hub wouldn't let me sort it out with her, Im to quick tempered, if she had of flicked her hair once, I would of kicked off :mrgreen: Hub sorted it, told her he wasn't putting posts in for her and not to "touch" ours, She did the same with neighbour on the other side of her, as it was her fence, she had to pay out twice..
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Its fantastic....... icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Awwww, Thanks coddy icon_colors
jezza

Post by jezza »

Deedee wrote:Hi Jezza, No they never, We thought it was there fence! When hub rebuilt ours with new posts she had the cheek to ask him, hope your going to put posts in my side for my fence!!!! puh..
Your neighbour is another lazy bodge artist then :roll:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

has anybody ever seen two fences put up right next to each other like that before?
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

The trellis you see is what we added on top of the original small fence a few years ago Mr List, They then nailed or screwed there fence onto that! Last year we we put posts in front of the original to fix the willow screening onto, then early this year, the winds took the old fencing down, hub had to put new posts in the other side, behind the compost bins and greenhouse and add new fencing. Then she had to insert her own posts and reattatch her fence to those..

Deedee

Post by Deedee »

jezza wrote:
Deedee wrote:Hi Jezza, No they never, We thought it was there fence! When hub rebuilt ours with new posts she had the cheek to ask him, hope your going to put posts in my side for my fence!!!! puh..
Your neighbour is another lazy bodge artist then :roll:
Yeah Jezza, She tried it on but didn't get anywhere lol..She allso said, you didn't object when we first done it. Grrrrrrr...
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Looking Good there Deedee icon_thumleft

Mr List wrote:has anybody ever seen two fences put up right next to each other like that before?
Yeah my ex neighbour stuck a Fence up many years ago but all he did was bolt the post to the rickity 3ft dividing wall which was already about to fall over, they did this while we were all out ! when i asked if the post were also set in the ground they said No they didn't think it needed it uckin Idiot

So to save the lot falling over on to my Garden I put up my own fence with post set in the ground
Leigh
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

I dont think there as thick as they make out Leigh, just greedy s*ds :x
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Excellent progress Deedee. icon_thumright and welcome back. Who kept saying that they couldn't grow exotics in the NE :lol: Looking good to me. Love the raised bed, and looks like it was done a lot more professionally than mine :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cartel »

Absolutely beautiful Dee, I love the way all the colours and textures in your planting scheme make the whole effect look very lush. icon_thumleft
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Dave and cartel, If they can grow them in Scotland Dave :shock:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Don't know how I missed thread but glad I caught up.

The beds look great Deedee, your hubbins has done a cracking job there, but the plant choices and arrangement are the piece de resistance.

Fantastic!

icon_thumright
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Thanks Googlebox, what a lovely compliment, even tho i havent been interacting in HTUK ive been looking in from time to time and got loads of inspiration and advice icon_thumright ..
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Just catching up.

That is a great piece of come-back gardening. It all looks very lovely and the colours are fantastic. I love the range of summer bedding that you've chosen. I hope the winter is not too harsh again for you. (and the rest of us of course!)