Pdid`s garden blog (Bin sump in action)

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
jungle jas

Re: Pdid`s garden pic`s

Post by jungle jas »

That will be a great looking garden when it matures in a few years time. I to would like to see a few curves, but it looks like you have children, so you need to leave them a bit of green stuff to play on I suppose. icon_thumright
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Comin' on treat, its gonna fill out in no time. icon_thumleft

Some nice good specimen plants, the Streli looks in fine fettle.

Kids gotta go tho, they're taking up toooooo much space :lol:
pdid

Post by pdid »

Mr List wrote:is this ornamental rhubarb?

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/d ... &mode=view

where did you get it?

nice to see you curved the end of the lawn off icon_thumleft
can't say i approve of the playhouse icon_geek

would be nice to have some names of the plants in each photos because i don't recognise a lot.

looking good. icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright
Yes Mr L it's a rheum palmatum, I got it from a local garden centre so will be widely available. They are good when you want something similar to gunnera but not quite as big.

I don't approve of the playhouse either but I have to share the garden unfortunately icon_thumleft

Ask away for names.
Last edited by pdid on Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdid

Post by pdid »

karl66 wrote:pdid, the pink tree in the planter is the exact same as i have, i think they blend very well with other tropicals & keep the colours interesting, only downside is they dont flower for very long.
Yeah it's ok Karl, I want rid of it really but the mrs is digging her feet in. I want the space as a raised arid bed :D
pdid

Post by pdid »

phatplants wrote:Nice garden, and fantastic arrangement of plants, with loads to go in. Are you able to give me the name of the plant in the black pot next to the Fatsia Polycarpa? Thanks icon_thumleft
Cheers, I think the one you mean is Arisaema Utile, recent purchase from amulree it was the biggest they had.
pdid

Post by pdid »

Thanks for the kind comments. As far as the kids go, the Ricinus will be going in shortly :lol:

I may add a few curves to the lawn later in the year, but as there are lots of straight lines in the garden i though I'd go with them and use plants to soften the edges.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

pdid wrote:Thanks for the kind comments. As far as the kids go, the Ricinus will be going in shortly :lol:

I may add a few curves to the lawn later in the year, but as there are lots of straight lines in the garden i though I'd go with them and use plants to soften the edges.
Looking really good mate! I'd agree about the corners, you will be amazed how good it will look by just rounding the corners of the lawn AND you get more boarder space icon_thumright
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

pdid wrote:
Mr List wrote:is this ornamental rhubarb?

http://www.hardytropicals.co.uk/forum/d ... &mode=view

where did you get it?

nice to see you curved the end of the lawn off icon_thumleft
can't say i approve of the playhouse icon_geek

would be nice to have some names of the plants in each photos because i don't recognise a lot.

looking good. icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright icon_thumright
Yes Mr L it's a rheum palmatum, I got it from a local garden centre so will be widely available. They are good when you want something similar to gunnera but not quite as big.

I don't approve of the playhouse either but I have to share the garden unfortunately icon_thumleft

Ask away for names.
if you just put a list of names above each photo it would be easier icon_thumleft
flounder

Post by flounder »

Coming along a treat. icon_thumleft
Get the kids involved, planting stuff and sowing seeds cos believe me, when they're older they won't lift a finger in the garden :roll:
I'd echo the comments and say round off the lawn edges
pdid

Post by pdid »

Mr List wrote: if you just put a list of names above each photo it would be easier icon_thumleft
Yeah when I have a few hours spare :lol:
flounder wrote:Coming along a treat. icon_thumleft
Get the kids involved, planting stuff and sowing seeds cos believe me, when they're older they won't lift a finger in the garden :roll:
I'd echo the comments and say round off the lawn edges
Cheers, they are 3 and nearly 1 and I do try to involve them, it`s just the 3 year old see`s it as a licence to dig compost out of my favourite plants :!:
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

You have a good selection of plants there. They will fill out and look great in years to come.
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Looking very good.When my kids were small I allocated an area for them with their swings slides etc.I then put trellis around three sides with the front facing the house so I could keep an eye on them. :P
flounder

Post by flounder »

dorothy wrote:Looking very good.When my kids were small I allocated an area for them with their swings slides etc.I then put trellis around three sides with the front facing the house so I could keep an eye on them. :P
So, you basically put them in a cage at the bottom of the garden then? :D
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

but she left one side open icon_scratch icon_scratch :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

Ok, basically put them in a 3 sided cage at the bottom of the garden then
Just no pleasing some people :D