Pdid`s garden blog (Bin sump in action)

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Mr List

Re: Pdid`s garden pics (Update 31.5.12)

Post by Mr List »

well we could make do with names for now :lol:
pdid

Post by pdid »

Mr List wrote:well we could make do with names for now :lol:
Haha, just for you Mr L, schefflera taiwaniana, blechnum chilense, rodgersia podophyllum and arisaema kelung-insulare.

I was looking at the oreopanax whilst I was there but was told hardiness was untested and that it was more than likely it would be tender. I haven't really got the space for it inside.

The place is an absolute treasure trove!
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

i'd much rather have the chance to look around and pick out my own plants at the prices they charge.
you are lucky to get a chance to do so.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

pdid wrote:Treated myself to a few bits from Crug farm today. There is only poor Internet where I am staying so you'll have to wait for pics!

Can't wait. :)
Tom and Shell

Post by Tom and Shell »

Looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet icon_salut
pdid

Re: Pdid`s garden pics (Crug 8/6/12)

Post by pdid »

Back from my Jollies and here are my Crug purchases:

Schefflera Taiwaniana
ScheffT.jpg
Blechnum Chilense
chilense.jpg
Rodgersia Podophyllum
Rodgesia.jpg
Arisaema Kelung Insulare with seedlings of another arisaema, not sure which one.
arisaema.jpg
Unfortunately I forgot my camera on the day so didn`t take any pics of the gardens, needless to say there are some stunning specimens and loads of plants that you just won`t find anywhere else. Particularly impressive were the rodgersia`s, blechnum, and arisaema and of course the schefflera`s.
pdid

Post by pdid »

I also got over to Portmeirion which is on the Welsh coast and well worth a visit if you`re over that way. Apologies for the picture quality but it was very wet and balancing a brolly and a camera is a difficult task!

DSC01621 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01620 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01629 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DS[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/22990155@N06/7165829327/]Image
DSC01642 by pdmann80, on FlickrC01630[/url] by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01632 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01638 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01639 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01640 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01641 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01644 by pdmann80, on Flickr
DSC01645 by pdmann80, on Flickr
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Gorgeous pics! I'll be there later this year for Festival Number 6.

I'm glad you've got a Schleffera Taiwaniana, I've been thinking of adding one myself so now I can wait and see how yours does through winter.

;)
pdid

Post by pdid »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Gorgeous pics! I'll be there later this year for Festival Number 6.

I'm glad you've got a Schleffera Taiwaniana, I've been thinking of adding one myself so now I can wait and see how yours does through winter.

;)
That will be awesome, fingers crossed for some decent weather.
bobbyd44

Post by bobbyd44 »

looking good pdid.. great new plants from crug would love a visit myself.. have the rodgesia in its second year and loooks great...
greendragon

Post by greendragon »

I'm late to post this but it looks like your Cyathea got sunburned.
pdid

Post by pdid »

bobbyd44 wrote:looking good pdid.. great new plants from crug would love a visit myself.. have the rodgesia in its second year and loooks great...
Thanks, Crug have some awesome displays of rodgersia in their gardens, The new growth has a lovely bronze tint to it.
greendragon wrote:I'm late to post this but it looks like your Cyathea got sunburned.
Looks ok to me :roll:
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Nice shots pdid :)

Is Portmeiron around where they shot "The Prisoner"? I know he always wanted to escape (damn those pesky balloons!), but I would be quite happy to live there.

Shame that you did not have your camera when you did your visit to Crug. There are 3 nurseries I would love to visit in person and Crug is in them (as well as Cotswold Garden Flowers and Pan Global Plants).
pdid

Post by pdid »

Adam D wrote:Nice shots pdid :)

Is Portmeiron around where they shot "The Prisoner"? I know he always wanted to escape (damn those pesky balloons!), but I would be quite happy to live there.

Shame that you did not have your camera when you did your visit to Crug. There are 3 nurseries I would love to visit in person and Crug is in them (as well as Cotswold Garden Flowers and Pan Global Plants).
It is where they shot the prisoner Adam, I've never seen it but may try and track it down on the Internet.

TBH I had the Mrs and the kids with me whilst at Crug, whilst the kids were quite happy darting down the woodland path, the mrs was non to pleased that I was buying plants on the first full day of our hols. She had chilled out a bit by the time we got to Portmeirion. :lol:
Clive60

Re: Pdid`s garden pics (Crug/Portmeirion 8/6/12)

Post by Clive60 »

love the Port merion pics, not been there yet but I intend to when we are up that way.

'I am not a number, I am a free man!'
Patrick Mgoohan, aka the Prisoner