Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Karl66 Blog - latest pic's taken this afternoon.

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Loved the video Karl. The amount of top notch palms in your back garden is unreal. Love the bamboos as well. Seeing the videos is far better than photos as I now have a real grasp of your garden layout and scale.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks for your kind comments!!, I don't think I could of picked a worse day to video a garden with the wind yesterday!, I will make a better one once I've tweaked a few area's :) , it was really only a tester as down the bottom of the garden where shed is i'm planning to have a block built structure inc a small greenhouse area, also the paths are not quite to my liking yet as even though I like the jungle look I don't like an untidy garden. karl.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

http://youtu.be/J6ftOrlr6Og

Because the day was so nice we had some family round for a bite to eat!, anyway for anyone interested I took a short video of the garden at night & you cant tell but the grass has been cut!, it's a bit darker down the back but does get a bit better as I come into light, not really close up of plants but to see the difference of a nightime. thanks karl.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

I've embedded it again for you Karl ... icon_thumleft

icon_thumleft
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Arlon, many thanks' again!, I promise i'll get the knack soon :) . karl.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Great Vid Karl icon_thumleft
Your photos really haven't given your garden justice, don't mean they were bad photos lol, but on video you get a much better feel of the garden, the size and sheer quantity of palms you have.

Also Love the gravel paths, my gardens not big enough for winding paths but it looks great.
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Thanks Del. I'm off to turkey soon so will also be doing some short video's hopefully so we can all drool over palm's we could never grow here! :) . karl.
waggy1

Post by waggy1 »

Well done Karl on creating a wonderful and inspiring garden. I've really enjoyed wandering through it by video. I put it on the big screen for my partner to see using Apple TV and it looks right good by day and by dusk. I've not seen anything like it in the UK, which was was not under glass (although, I haven't been into palms, bamboos or yuccas etc for very long). Anyway, all the best with your continued passion and creativity, and I look forward to both seeing and hearing of your garden again.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Palmtastic!!!!....You have created a wonderful garden in such a short space of time!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Super garden and vid, Karl icon_cheers

You've shown just how tropical a look can be achieved in an area that can have very low temperatures in the depth of winter.

Real inspiration icon_salut
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks all!!, I wont subject anyone to another one till it's matured some more :lol: , although I may sneak a sly one in once my tree ferns have unfolded, one thing I will add is that to get specimen's the size I have already has blew a hole in over 20k in less than 3years!!, hence me always being in the doghouse!!, not to mention the endless skip's etc. karl.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Love it, love it Karl, walking around your garden feels like being abroad, I can feel the heat, The sort of garden you can spend every waking moment in and never be bored. Amazing icon_thumleft
karl66

Post by karl66 »

Many thanks Dee for kind comments!, I can book you in for the last wk in august if you want :wink: only got self-catering left!, you can bring Trudy if you like :lol: . karl.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

karl66 wrote:Many thanks Dee for kind comments!, I can book you in for the last wk in august if you want :wink: only got self-catering left!, you can bring Trudy if you like :lol: . karl.
Hahahaha class :mrgreen:
Springy

Post by Springy »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Loved the video Karl. The amount of top notch palms in your back garden is unreal. Love the bamboos as well. Seeing the videos is far better than photos as I now have a real grasp of your garden layout and scale.
Exactly what I was thinking kris!
Karl your garden looks completely different to how I had pictured it in my mind. Videos definitely show a garden in a better way than just photos icon_thumleft
Your garden looks great mate!! icon_cheers