Your daily weather blog -June 2011 onward

Exotic Life

Re: Your daily weather blog -June 2011 onward

Post by Exotic Life »

Mix from sun and clouds again, under cool conditions, but not feeling cool at all outside. Looks good from tomorrow with plenty of sunshine and 17 degrees forecasted. Could be a bit higher in the garden.. warmer nights as well icon_cheers

Tx yesterday 10.8°C
Tn last night 3.5°C

Weather at 14.00 hour

Temperature: 12.0°C
Humidity: 64%
Pressure: 1013 hPa
Dewpoint: 5.4°C
Wind: 1.2 km/hour from the East to Northeast
Rain since 00.00 hour: 0 mm
UV index: 3
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

otorongo wrote:That's freezing compared to what's coming here this weekend :lol:
I'll have to get me one of your thermometers... :lol:

Sunny but windy here today...

Last Nights Low: 13.7C
Todays High: 18.6C

@ 18:45

Current temp.: 16.1C
Humidity: 66%
Dew Point: 9.8C
Pressure: 1004.4 mb
Wind: WSW 20.0km/h
Rainfall 24hr: 0.0 mm
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Sunny since sunrise, calm, should be 17-18C this afternoon, perfect spring weather. After this weekend and next week all trees are green again, if not greener then they are already now.

Tx yesterday 12.8°C
Tn last night 4.4°C

Weather at 12.00 hour

Temperature: 14.4°C
Humidity: 62%
Pressure: 1017 hPa
Dewpoint: 7.3°C
Wind: 2.3 km/hour from the East
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Amazingly Robbin, there is no green on trees here.. not even buds.. I was quite surprised given the mild winter, and we have a fair few lead buds initiate in January, but still nothing.

The only trees that have initiated bud which has sprouted into leaf are Hawthorn.

It's quite surprising, because in colder winters, leaves have sprouted out earlier than this... but maybe that's why because there hasn't been a very cold period which has led to a warm period, which may initiate leaf growth earlier?

ps. Ive just looked at webcams along the the length of the UK, and it's actually the same as here, lots of bare trees!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

You don't really see any deciduous trees here in Malta, so pretty much everything is in leaf year round. The one exception that I can think of is a large Delonix regia (Royal Poinciana) outside a hotel, don't know if they are deciduous anyway, or just here as it's probably growing right at the edge of an acceptable climate zone...

Back to the weather, today is partly cloudy, but feeling warm in the strong sunshine...

Last Nights Low: 14.5C

@ 13:30

Current temp.: 18.1C
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 12.1C
Pressure: 1010.2 mb
Wind: W 20.0 km/h
Rainfall Today: 0.0 mm
UV Index: 6
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

stephenprudence wrote:
It's quite surprising, because in colder winters, leaves have sprouted out earlier than this... but maybe that's why because there hasn't been a very cold period which has led to a warm period, which may initiate leaf growth earlier?
Never heard of that. They are just this far because the temperatures are a lot higher then normal, and in matter fact for at least a few months.

The most green trees are for example Salix, Betula, Populus, but also the Aesculus have leaf growth already. Late trees like Tilia and Quercus are loaded with buds and are visual bigger. Not only trees but also bushes like Cornus, Hamamelis, Hydrangea are in full leaf. Most of the evergreens has some nice growth as well.

With the forecasts in mind (Proberly around the 20 degrees from tomorrow all week) it is very likely nature is very green or greener in 7 days :)
billdango

Post by billdango »

Exotic Life wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:
Never heard of that. They are just this far because the temperatures are a lot higher then normal, and in matter fact for at least a few months.

The most green trees are for example Salix, Betula, Populus, but also the Aesculus have leaf growth already. Late trees like Tilia and Quercus are loaded with buds and are visual bigger. Not only trees but also bushes like Cornus, Hamamelis, Hydrangea are in full leaf. Most of the evergreens has some nice growth as well.

With the forecasts in mind (Proberly around the 20 degrees from tomorrow all week) it is very likely nature is very green or greener in 7 days :)
Its the same here in Southampton
All the trees are bare and wintery looking but the last few days have been very chilly and almost totally sunless.
So unless it warms up soon the picture won't change.

billdango :(
billdango

Post by billdango »

Another cold wet day with no sun and a cold wind.

Maximum today only +9c.

Minimum last night +4c.

Its still winter here at the moment?

billdango :( :( :(
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Actually I have to retract my comment partially.... it looks bare from my window becase of the types of trees, Ive been for a walk today and noticed that..

Willows, Weeping willows, Alder, Hawthorn, and Elder are all looking a little green from new leaves, and Horse Chestnut has flowers initiating, but perhaps not leaves yet.

The ones that aren't yet showing leaf buds are Birch, Oak, Lime, and Beech.

Nathan I have a book of Mediterranean flora and forgot to return to university, and it lists Delonix regia, as deciduous.

Today, a story of two halves, a warm sunny first half, and a cold, showery late afternoon/evening.

14.9C the maximum today.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

stephenprudence wrote: Nathan I have a book of Mediterranean flora and forgot to return to university, and it lists Delonix regia, as deciduous.
Ah ok thanks, so they are meant to lose their leaves then. They are beautiful trees & the one not far from me has some seed pods on it, hmmmm... icon_thumright
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

A very cold day today, 5c all day. Very cold NW wind too.
Then thisafternoon a heavy shower of enormous hail stones! The ground was white. No wonder it felt cold!
Nothing tender going out here yet!
dino

Post by dino »

Similar pattern here. Mild morning then rainy afternoon with quite a violent thunderstorm. Hopefully tomorrow will be as predicted.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Nice sunny and already quite mild since sunrise. The official weather station "De Bilt" located in the middle of the country need only 20 hours of sunshine before they break to the 200 hours border. If that happen march 2014 is one of the sunniest month's since 1901.

Tx yesterday 18.2°C
Tn last night 5.7°C

Weather at 11.00 hour

Temperature: 15.9°C
Humidity: 61%
Pressure: 1019 hPa
Dewpoint: 8.3°C
Wind: 4,5 km/hour from the East to Southeast
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Sunny today...

Yesterdays High: 18.7C
Last Nights Low: 12.7C
Todays High: 19.2C

@ 23:00

Current temp.: 15.4C
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 11.4C
Pressure: 1012.6 mb
Wind: ENE 25.3 km/h
Rainfall 24hr: 0.0 mm
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Pardon me, while I gloat, Nathan. Not often will we do better than Malta this time of year.

Today an all-day sun.
Gentle ESE breeze average 15k/hr
Maximum 20.0c

I will studiously omit to mention our sun index, however :oops: