Who is getting a battering by this wind then!

kohwoz

Re: Who is getting a battering by this wind then!

Post by kohwoz »

Im not sure what the gusts are here :?: , but its been windy here for a long time. The weather pattern this year has been crazy. Week of strong winds then a week of calm and then the same again. Cold nights, hot days. Strange year indeed. :ahhh!:

My Bananas that i planted have been battered to death along with the coconut palm, Robustas and my Fortunies. Try your best to make the garden look good and then the wind ruins everything. Chairs blowing over all day..... icon_aaargh

Hamburg.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Hey, I've got competition :lol:

I'm normally the one being blown away while everywhere else is calm :lol: Even now after 4 days of low pressure winds, I have high pressure, and the same winds. The garden doensn't know the difference..... It's windy and wrecks large leaved plants :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

Yea Dave,

But by all accounts while the rest of us (garden is begining to flood) have pouiring rain, with strong winds you have sunshine down South. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean Kohwoz but you look after that shed for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No lift off please.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Not to bad in Southampton at the moment as the winds and heavy rain that you forum members have had up north haven,t happened here.
Most of our rain has been in the form of showers and the wind has only been strong and gusty when in the north west.
So except for some damage to the citys basjoos and these only in the most exposed positions everything seems okay?.
billdango. :D :D :D :D
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Dave Brown wrote:Hey, I've got competition :lol:

I'm normally the one being blown away while everywhere else is calm :lol: Even now after 4 days of low pressure winds, I have high pressure, and the same winds. The garden doensn't know the difference..... It's windy and wrecks large leaved plants :roll:
I wish it was the case, I just don't have many tall plants in my garden, if I did I'm sure I'd feel as hard done to as you do :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Very calm, almost erie after the last two days,

Still raining though, this is the third day of pouring rain.

From the before the rain and after the lawn looks really green this morning.

I put down some new grass in a spot where the basket feed burnt near the washing line , its nicely covering now....thanks to rain. :mrgreen:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

kata wrote:Very calm, almost erie after the last two days,

Still raining though, this is the third day of pouring rain.
6th, maybe 7th, or possibly longer with gusty squally winds.... beeen going soooooo long lost count now. The problem is it is desicating the ground, serious waterings required tonight. Brugs completely wilted so had to do those already :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by sanatic1234 »

Same here dave, not to the extend of 6 may be 7 days in a row, but it is the 5th day today, with the winds, sometimes very gusty, others just a constant wind but not damaging but enough to be drying out the soil a lot, my echium, keeps on sulking with the ground getting dried out and the wind is constantly drying out the trunks on my Dicksonia antarctica's, so like you i will be giving a very good watering this evening. must get it done before 8 now though, the nights are drawing in quick. :(
kata

Post by kata »

I win the slugs n snails though :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I am not going out to look. Its been that fine rain..

Its fine now but should be a ccouple of days before I need to water. Its forcast rain for tomorrow and saturday.

Leylandis are almost shining with rain.... they looked real weird this morning a greenie grey.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: