Coolest summer

JakoMonster

Coolest summer

Post by JakoMonster »

Apparently this summer has been the coolest since 1993, hoping next year we will have a record breaking hot summer
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Coolest summer

Post by Dave Brown »

Yes the nights have been noticeably colder. I have only sat out in the garden all evening twice this summer. I normally sit out 30 times plus.

The cooler wetter summer has suited the jungle though and any lack of warmth has been made up by extra moisture giving a really lush jungly appearance. :wink:
Attachments
2011-08-21 17-41-04 Jungle progressing nicely.jpg
2011-08-26 16-23-20.Top raised bed jungle.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Shock, horror!

The climate is variable :?

;)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

It's been better than average in the North West I'd say, it's just the rest of you geographically diverse bunch that are letting the side down.

:lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

In terms of relative to average I'd say the southern areas of NW England have definitely had one of the better summers this year in terms of quality.. certainly actually sunnier than quite alot of places in the UK this summer - thought not necessarily warmer.. in fact the mean might be surprisingly deceptive.

If this pattern continues into winter than it does not bode well for us in the NW of England who will undoubtedly get some of the most severe winter cold.