Wind !

JakoMonster

Wind !

Post by JakoMonster »

I do love it when it's really windy and i love wind storms there absolutley amazing but since getting interest in exotic plants i tend worry abouts the damage to my palms and cordylines. Today one of my washys frond snapped, tomorrow is gonna be much windier so i wouldn't be surprised if some of my plants get damaged.
Last edited by JakoMonster on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stephenprudence

Re: wind snow

Post by stephenprudence »

It's gusting to around 39mph here at the moment, nothing unusual but any higher and damage starts occurring to the plants less able to withstand strong winds.

It says here anyway winds are going to gust about 55mph, but given I'm on a western facing hill, I usually add 5-10mph on top of that.

I'm not too worried but I can see how frustrating it is.. I still love windstorms though.
The Codfather

Re: Wind !

Post by The Codfather »

Not sure I love the wind but I love the look of the Bird on you Avator Jacko icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

The Codfather wrote:Not sure I love the wind but I love the look of the Bird on you Avator Jacko icon_thumright
:lol: She looks like shes missing some 'feathers' let's say.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Thats lady GaGA, she reminds me more of a boy, and she is very weird! but one hell of a talented singer. Anyway back on to the wind. It has gotten pretty strong here in lincolnshire. If it does get any worse i will move the 'Montbeliardii' in to the shed, that has done really well so far to not tear in the wind, but saying that none of my nana's have been battered by the wind really. :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

If it is her.....the I am shocked :shock:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

I hate the wind. My garden is getting battered today. Makes my windy day video look calm.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Yeah it is her coddy. :lol: That is what she looks like when she is in a normal frame of mind. :lol: :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Back on topic....windy here with rain between the gusts,

I can't complain , sunny as well in between.

icon_cheers icon_cheers
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Lucky you kata, wind and rain all day, i have gusts of 48mph forecast tomorrow. Highest today is 32mph.
Ste

Post by Ste »

Windy as hell here aswell, all 5 of my nana's look crappe now :x every leaf is shredded to bits :evil:
kata

Post by kata »

Well San,

I was over at bananas and sunfish (member) showed this bigun (nana) and said its fine in winter. Got me asking how 'hardy, more than my -13'? I can't believe it, San, he said 35F. He is in San Diego... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Imagine such temps in winter, waiting to find out his summer heat.

Yes we have been lucky today after the scare mungers. Currently emptying dead flowers daily now. The Liatris looks dodgy in the wind as do the Dahlias.

Some shabby Violas here at shops and Homebase.... leggy to death.

Going...going... :lol: :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Windy as hell here aswell, all 5 of my nana's look crappe now :x every leaf is shredded to bits
Awe, sorry to hear that Ste. Thats the problem, they are so delicate. Maybe some clever saus could make a rip proof one .

icon_cheers
jacko

Post by jacko »

windy here too quite unnerving to see 25ft bamboo culms whipping about in the wind.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

luckily my Nana's have not shredded yet, but i am not holding much hope for tomorrow, my ornata, 'Montbeliardii', and basjoo pup that's potted will be going in to the shed till it calms a bit. Just my mighty maurelli and my other biggish maurelli will have to face the full throttle of it.

Kata. Thing with the USA is that they have a more stable climate than us. Ours is forever changing weather wise we get it from all directions, but there's will be just about the same for a whole week with it being such a big country unlike our very small country. So this makes plants more possible to survive than it would here in the UK. :)