Probably best to get the winter protection sorted out now!

Conifers

Re: Probably best to get the winter protection sorted out no

Post by Conifers »

stephenprudence wrote:As I see it, the revered 'BARTLETT HIGH' is showing it's head throughout the model outputs.
If we get two of them, would that make a Bartlett Pear?

:lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Conifers wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:As I see it, the revered 'BARTLETT HIGH' is showing it's head throughout the model outputs.
If we get two of them, would that make a Bartlett Pear?

It's the kindest thing:

Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I'm with you Stephen, no sign of anything cold if anything possibly quite warm come the last week this month. The Atlantic is strong and the high to our south is holding firm. I hope this pattern continues all winter.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Yes, and having a continental high pressure influencing us so early in the Autumn is a good sign.. they tend to be stubborn, and if it can last long enough but allow the Atlantic to return then it may go a little way to shifting this stubborn pattern we are in at the moment.
:lol: Conifers did you draw that :shock:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

stephenprudence wrote: :lol: Conifers did you draw that :shock:
Nope, Goggle nicked it from http://www.otuhq.com/shoot%20head.gif alien
kata

Post by kata »

Just a reminder...

Winter 2009... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
2009winter.jpg
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

[quote="stephenprudence"]Yes, and having a continental high pressure influencing us so early in the Autumn is a good sign.. quote]

Yes but this report is talking towards the end of autumn like it does says on the website. It says come the end of autumn it is going to turn colder dramatically, and it does mention about the mild spell for the start of the autum but that it will be short lived.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Tom2006 wrote:I'm with you Stephen, no sign of anything cold if anything possibly quite warm come the last week this month. The Atlantic is strong and the high to our south is holding firm. I hope this pattern continues all winter.
Amen to that Tom!

A stubborn Bartlett High alternating with a blow torch keeping the snow and ice at bay up through Scandinavia would be fab :)
stephenprudence

We dont know its going to be relatively cold this winter, no matter how many headlines etc try to justify it. If weather always followed the same pattern then surely we would be very cold every winter.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

sanatic1234 wrote:I have just been reading an article on netweather.tv and it says that it is going to become increasingly colder than average as the autumn progresses more near the end of autumn. :(
As we have just had an exceptionaly hot period, then for autumn to be average we will have to have equally below average period to cancel it out. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Yes Autumn is currently running maybe 3C above average. September was around 2C above average. In reality October will probably run average or thereabouts, so November will have to be around 2C below average, which is a tall order.