Rumblings from the northwest . . .

Nigel

Re: Rumblings from the northwest . . .

Post by Nigel »

The Mayans had an unbelievable knowledge of the working of the solar system, its hard to imagine how, without telescopes they were able understand the movement and alignment of planets but they could.
There predictions tended to coincide with the planetary alignments.
I dont believe in flipping or doomsday, but its clear the mayans were able to make a connection between planetary alignments and planetary rumblings.
JakoMonster

Post by JakoMonster »

Also the volcano in in El hierro, Canary islands is erupting but if the cumbre veija volcano on la palma erupts then part of the island may collapse in the sea generating a tsunami which could travel through the whole atlantic ocean hitting the east coast of usa, the carribean and south amaerica parts of africa and europe and southern england.

( i know this has nothing to do with weather and climate but seeing as your talking about volcanoes i thought i'd might mention this)
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

It has long been believed that if one sideof El hierro collapsed it would lead to a mega tsunami (I mean scientifically nothing to do with some silly doomsday thing). This could cause huge problems in the US
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Yes, I saw a documentary about this and they said it WILL happen, but just when.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Doesn't look like it'll happen in 2011 but there is apparently a new Canary Island on the way!