NAO update

Nigel

Re: NAO update

Post by Nigel »

flounder wrote:I'll move to spain where I won't have to worry too much about it 8)
You will if Adrians ice age comes, and you will if global warming continues and the water dries up :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Conifers wrote:Why do Greenland highs want headline grabbing opportunities?? icon_scratch
During the early winter of 2010-11 in Northern and Western Europe, the Icelandic low, typically positioned west of Iceland and east of Greenland, appeared regularly to the east of Iceland and so allowed exceptionally cold air into Europe from the Arctic. A strong area of high pressure was initially situated over Greenland, reversing the normal wind pattern in the northwestern Atlantic, creating a blocking pattern driving warm air into northeastern Canada and cold air into Western Europe, as was the case during the previous winter. This pattern is connected to the Arctic dipole anomaly and is why everybody is looking for that greenland high again and forecasting doom.
flounder

Post by flounder »

Surely Nige, if global warming continues at a pace the water would rise with melting from the polar ice caps. It'll have to warm up a lot more than that for the water to evaporate completely, then I think we'd all be up the dried up s@%t creek icon_thumright