still no sign of the cold - record 5 day run of 0 or below!

cordyman

still no sign of the cold - record 5 day run of 0 or below!

Post by cordyman »

Next weeks forecast looking good still no sign of any cold. Apart from the ensete Not one of my plants is overwintered yet.

Really didn't expect my first year with tropicals would see such a long season from April with no cold.

Usually on bonfire night im wearing a scarf gloves and hat really wrapped up. Out last night in a tshirt lol
Last edited by cordyman on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanatic1234

Re: still no sign of the cold

Post by sanatic1234 »

I think night time temps are slowly making a drop cordy but your right about the day time temps they just seem to be increasing if anything or staying how they are, The lowest i have had the past 2 weeks is 13c! I love it. But i am keeping an eye on these night time temps now though, i am forecast 8c tonight, bit of a difference from the 13c i have been getting but it is expect though isn't it, it is november after all.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Shushhhhhhhhh.......... :lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
jezza

Post by jezza »

That's buttered it, now you've mentioned warm the daily fails prediction of a -20c will become true :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Sure has. Frost for many in the north and northwest sat night
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

really ? forcast so bad BBC weather has gone down :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/ukweather/northwest/

BBC News BBC Sport
404 - Page Not Found

This might be because you typed the web address incorrectly. Please check the address and spelling ensuring that it does not contain capital letters or spaces.

It is possible that the page you were looking for may have been moved, updated or deleted.

Please click the back button to try another link.

Or

Visit the BBC News Home Page.
Visit the BBC Sport Home Page.
Explore our full list of sites and services.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Not entirely true, my area is due its first airfrosts in Sunday night into Monday and Monday night into Tuesday. The temperature will probably fall somewhere between 0 and -3C (-3C would be enough to damage some stuff that it still growing, even fairly hardy stuff). It will be localised though (Only Cheshire, Southwest Wirral, parts of Lancashire and Shropshire).
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

This late autumn has been excellent weather wise. The most annoying thing is that the seasons are so unpredictable. This time last winter we were about to receive a whole load of snow.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Right , that's this winter kaiboshed isn't it!
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I've got 2c forecast here for Sunday but other than that there's no sign of any cold weather.

Daytime temps haven't dropped into single figures yet and night temps seem to be staying around 8-10c.

Again, being in the NW is great this year. I am shocked by the normaility of the weather this year, I don't even think I've heard pensioners complaining about the weather since the thaw last winter.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

GoggleboxUK wrote:I've got 2c forecast here for Sunday but other than that there's no sign of any cold weather.

Daytime temps haven't dropped into single figures yet and night temps seem to be staying around 8-10c.

Again, being in the NW is great this year. I am shocked by the normaility of the weather this year, I don't even think I've heard pensioners complaining about the weather since the thaw last winter.
The thing is its still autumn (officially), it was only that the severe winter weather 10-11 came so early last year that winter started early. January and February and still on average the coldest months of the year.
jezza

Post by jezza »

I'm alright...

tempsScreenshot.jpg
8)
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Tom2006 wrote:
The thing is its still autumn (officially), it was only that the severe winter weather 10-11 came so early last year that winter started early. January and February and still on average the coldest months of the year.
It's really not like that here Tom. I usually have to get the arctic gear on for my birthday night out but I'm currently still wearing T shirts indoors and haven't even thought about a coat yet when I go out.

Yes, the last few winters have been bad but so far this year it's been the complete opposite to what I'd consider average.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I agree, the weather has all gone to pot. :lol: I'm sure we will get hit with some cold blasts between now and next May. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we didn't get much until late winter, just when we are thinking we have made it.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Im going to start protecting around march :lol: