solar cycle 24

Adrian Brattle

Re: solar cycle 24

Post by Adrian Brattle »

Solar cycle length correlates much better with temperature then solar cycle amplitude.

Dr David Archibald explains!
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

Nigel wrote:Dave, even the anti GW lobby accept the temperatures are rising, that's beyond dispute. However, the anti GW lobby felt that the results were being exagerated by factors such as heat island effects of large cities, ie as the city grows the heat island effect grows thus exagerating the figures but this was found not to be the case by the sceptic body that recently investigated this.

I also read with dread this idea of pumping reflective particles into the stratosphere , thats lunacy and really could precipitate a mini ice age or worse.
That report was shown through the BBC, so the GW lobby group most probably does not exist. Its just anther one of the BBCs PR stunt. Just like the BBCs detector vans being pulled by a unicorn!
Last edited by Adrian Brattle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Adrian Brattle wrote:Dr David Archibald explains!
Who is he? What are his credentials?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Nigel wrote:Dave, even the anti GW lobby accept the temperatures are rising, thats beyond dispute.
That is my whole point Nigel, I am disputing it..... because I don't know that the satellite temperature sensing is accurate, and someone just saying it is, isn't good enough.

It has been suggested that plankton near the surface can alter the reading, what about black oil on the surface, it will heat up more than water.... so many variables just brushed under the carpet, by saying "beyond dispute".
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Conifers »

Dave Brown wrote: and someone just saying it is, isn't good enough.
Methinks we're getting into deep philosophy here . . . does Dave Brown exist? Someone just saying he does, isn't good enough. :lol:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

:lol: I guess in some respects Dave is right in that we tend to believe official readings or facts and maybe we should sometimes question them.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I for one don't believe this is a exotic plant forum..
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Next you'll be telling me the queen is a master alien lizard race!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

As the one who started this forum, it was intended for more technical, in depth, discussion about weather, and climatology, which is related to exotic plant growing only in the respect if we don't get the right weather we can't grow them. The Main forum is more for plant related weather discussions This has never been a plant forum, in the same way as Off topic is not 'Off Topic' about plants.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Conifers »

Conifers wrote:
Adrian Brattle wrote:Dr David Archibald explains!
Who is he? What are his credentials?
Anyone??
stephenprudence

Dave Brown wrote:As the one who started this forum, it was intended for more technical, in depth, discussion about weather, and climatology, which is related to exotic plant growing only in the respect if we don't get the right weather we can't grow them. The Main forum is more for plant related weather discussions This has never been a plant forum, in the same way as Off topic is not 'Off Topic' about plants.
Problem is most in here won't understand in depth technical weather discussion. I could go into it but I refuse to because it's unfair.. as someone who has self studied atmospheric climatology, I can say it is not for the faint hearted and is extremely difficult to grasp, especially when pertaining to storm relative helicity etc..
Dave Remnant

Post by Dave Remnant »

I wouldn't worry about all this we're going to get boiled alive by the sun in 5 billion years, that's if the Andomeda Galaxy hasn't smashed into the Milky Way by then :D
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:As the one who started this forum, it was intended for more technical, in depth, discussion about weather, and climatology, which is related to exotic plant growing only in the respect if we don't get the right weather we can't grow them. The Main forum is more for plant related weather discussions This has never been a plant forum, in the same way as Off topic is not 'Off Topic' about plants.
Problem is most in here won't understand in depth technical weather discussion. I could go into it but I refuse to because it's unfair.. as someone who has self studied atmospheric climatology, I can say it is not for the faint hearted and is extremely difficult to grasp, especially when pertaining to storm relative helicity etc..
Ah, I see, a case of if you don't know it, there is no point in talking about it :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Dave Brown wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:
Ah, I see, a case of if you don't know it, there is no point in talking about it :lol:
Precisely. :lol:

Well I could try.. I can bet everyone would leave as fast as they came in :lol: