fast zonal flow

Nigel

Re: fast zonal flow

Post by Nigel »

Adrian Brattle wrote:The coldest part of the little ice age was after the maunder minimum, solar activity increase. Probably because of the magnetic field disturbance caused an increase in volcanism. this is happening now but on a smaller scale.
I guess we are lucky we have all that CO2 in the atmosphere this time to keep us warm :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Adrian Brattle wrote:There has been laboratory experiments with rotating dishpan of water simulating the atmosphere, and computer studies using numerical models of the atmosphere behaviour, demonstrates the Hadley circulation cannot pride an adequate mechanism for transporting heat polewards.

This can explain the sudden breakdown of the atmospheric system in during the middle of winter during the 20th century.

The coldest part of the little ice age was after the maunder minimum, solar activity increase. Probably because of the magnetic field disturbance caused an increase in volcanism. this is happening now but on a smaller scale.
Adrian do you think this is leading up to a new ice age? Is this what is due to happen in 2012? Should I sell up & start heading south now?...
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nathan wrote:
Adrian do you think this is leading up to a new ice age? Is this what is due to happen in 2012? Should I sell up & start heading south now?...
I think the 2012 predictions come from the alignment of the planets and the belief it can cause a magnetic flip.
Current mainstream science says that such an alignment DOESNT have any effect on either gravitational forces or magnetic fields.
The Mayans who understood the workings of the solar system to an unbelievable degree made a number of prophecies usually involving vulcanic disturbances and it seems they made a connection, including one for 2012.
It is odd that vulcanic activity is increasing right now as Adrian pointed out and as predicted by the Mayans so I reckon there could well be a link between vulcanic activity and planetary alignments and we could see a peak in 2012 which indeed could cool the planet as vulcanic dust in the atmosphere has a drastic cooling effect.

The power and energy and destructive force of a volcano is way beyond anything man can do. The biggest one in iceland is starting to rumble and if you bear in mind last years grounded all those flights then when this one goes up it will be much more serious.
Attachments
APTOPIX-Chile-Volcano (Large).jpg
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Nigel wrote:
Nathan wrote:Adrian do you think this is leading up to a new ice age? Is this what is due to happen in 2012? Should I sell up & start heading south now?...
I think the 2012 predictions come from the alignment of the planets and the belief it can cause a magnetic flip.
Current mainstream science says that such an alignment DOESNT have any effect on either gravitational forces or magnetic fields.
The Mayans who understood the workings of the solar system to an unbelievable degree made a number of prophecies usually involving vulcanic disturbances and it seems they made a connection, including one for 2012.
It is odd that vulcanic activity is increasing right now as Adrian pointed out and as predicted by the Mayans so I reckon there could well be a link between vulcanic activity and planetary alignments and we could see a peak in 2012 which indeed could cool the planet as vulcanic dust in the atmosphere has a drastic cooling effect.

The power and energy and destructive force of a volcano is way beyond anything man can do. The biggest one in iceland is starting to rumble and if you bear in mind last years grounded all those flights then when this one goes up it will be much more serious.
0003.jpg
0003.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 766 times
8)
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

icon_silent
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Tom2006 wrote:icon_silent
Go on Tom, I know you are dying to... :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Nathan wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:icon_silent
Go on Tom, I know you are dying to... :lol:

:lol: icon_silent icon_salut
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

I'm not going to reply about zonal flows here because it'll only result in talk of ice ages, impending cold spells and doom. At the end of the day, this winter might the mildest on record and we could have the following 20 winters being the mildest on record too, but there would still be talk of ice ages, cold and doom on the way - so invariably, whats the point?
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Conifers wrote:
0003.jpg
8)
Conifers, which part was codswallop ? The doomsday prediction for 2012 is codswallop I agree, but the rest of the stuff was true. I only tried to point out that maybe there is a connection between planetary alignments and increased volcanic activity as Adrian suggested.
What is your explanation for the increasing volcanic activity, coincidence ?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

If the 2012 alignment produces extra gravitational stress on the earth it heats up internally. Heating up internally with extra stress on tectonic plates could mean more earthquakes, vulcanos and tsunamis. The dust thrown up may reduce the suns input, but at the same time the colossal amounts of greenhouse gasses may counteract it.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nigel »

Dave Brown wrote:If the 2012 alignment produces extra gravitational stress on the earth it heats up internally. Heating up internally with extra stress on tectonic plates could mean more earthquakes, vulcanos and tsunamis. The dust thrown up may reduce the suns input, but at the same time the colossal amounts of greenhouse gasses may counteract it.
Thanks dave thats pretty much what I said.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Nigel wrote:Conifers, which part was codswallop ? The doomsday prediction for 2012 is codswallop I agree, but the rest of the stuff was true. I only tried to point out that maybe there is a connection between planetary alignments and increased volcanic activity as Adrian suggested.
The coswallop is the Mayan catastrophy prophecies and the connection with planetary alignments.

Volcanic activity has seen a slight lull in recent decades in Iceland, just part of random variation in eruption times. Signs are that it might perhaps be returning to something closer to its observed historical frequency over the period from the start of Viking records up to the 19th century. For most other areas, there aren't adequate historical records to indicate whether there has been any lull or not (I'd guess there probably are good records for Japan, but I don't know any details myself).
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

Conifers wrote:
Nigel wrote:Conifers, which part was codswallop ? The doomsday prediction for 2012 is codswallop I agree, but the rest of the stuff was true. I only tried to point out that maybe there is a connection between planetary alignments and increased volcanic activity as Adrian suggested.
The coswallop is the Mayan catastrophy prophecies and the connection with planetary alignments.
just part of random variation in eruption times.

That is just wishful thinking. There has been many others that have been going off. Iceland is just more will known because of the air traffic.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. ... the-congo/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/video/bre ... .htmlstory

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/news/ ... 29893.html
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Conifers wrote:
Nigel wrote:The coswallop is the Mayan catastrophy prophecies and the connection with planetary alignments.
I agree it SOUNDS codswallop , but how do you explain it because i dont believe in coincidences and the mayans have correctly been predicting volcanic activity which always coincided with planetary alignments.
Science say NO its codswallop as you say, but how is it possible ???
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I have to say I think its just coincidence. If someone says something might/will happen its human nature to start looking for the signs. Its a bit like when someone tells me about a model of car that I've never seen before, I then start to see them all the time because I start to look for them.

It is also very easy to Google certain supporting evidence for a viewpoint, there are always the arguments against these that can easily be found.

I suppose it could happen, and I would never be big headed enough to say it wont. I sincerely hope it wont, but I don't buy into it myself.

What I firmly believe is that one day the world/universe will wipe all or most of us out, as it has with many life forms in the past. It will happen, but I don't believe the Mayans could predict it. Then again, some people believe the Mayan's were visited by Aliens and this is why they know what they know, but that is a whole new topic! :lol: