fast zonal flow

Nigel

Re: fast zonal flow

Post by Nigel »

Tom2006 wrote:I I don't believe the Mayans could predict it. Then again, some people believe the Mayan's were visited by Aliens and this is why they know what they know, but that is a whole new topic! :lol:
yeah but they didnt predict the end of the world the doomsmongers just exagerate the predictions. They can however predict alignments of planets to within a day in 2012 from thousands of years ago with no telescopes, computers nothing. And if they can get that right I reckon they can get volcanic activity right too if its connected to planetary alignments.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Yes true about planet alignment prediction. However, Volcanic activity is based on techtonic plate movement which isn't linked to the alignment of the planets, which also won't alter the magnetic fields on our planet, well it shouldn't, and IF it did then there is no way the Mayans would have known this. So maybe the aliens did visit afterall? :shock: :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Tom2006 wrote:Yes true about planet alignment prediction. However, Volcanic activity is based on techtonic plate movement which isn't linked to the alignment of the planets, which also won't alter the magnetic fields on our planet, well it shouldn't, and IF it did then there is no way the Mayans would have known this. So maybe the aliens did visit afterall? :shock: :lol:
From what I have read the centre of the earth should have cooled down by now and solidified. The reason it has not is due to the gravitational forces exerted by the moon, and the fact that it is not geostationary. It pulls the Earth one way then another. Lets face it, the Moon's gravitational force is enough the move the oceans.

Align all the planets in a string and we could see some very odd gravitational forces.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nigel »

Tom2006 wrote:However, Volcanic activity is based on techtonic plate movement which isn't linked to the alignment of the planets, which also won't alter the magnetic fields on our planet, well it shouldn't, and IF it did then there is no way the Mayans would have known this. :shock: :lol:
Exactly ! So is increased volcanic activity linked to planetary alignment even though science says its not.
Half time score Mayans 1-0 Scientists
Last edited by Nigel on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Dave Brown wrote:
Tom2006 wrote:Yes true about planet alignment prediction. However, Volcanic activity is based on techtonic plate movement which isn't linked to the alignment of the planets, which also won't alter the magnetic fields on our planet, well it shouldn't, and IF it did then there is no way the Mayans would have known this. So maybe the aliens did visit afterall? :shock: :lol:
From what I have read the centre of the earth should have cooled down by now and solidified. The reason it has not is due to the gravitational forces exerted by the moon, and the fact that it is not geostationary. It pulls the Earth one way then another. Lets face it, the Moon's gravitational force is enough the move the oceans.

Align all the planets in a string and we could see some very odd gravitational forces.
There are no planetary alignments in the next few decades as per the NASA website. Earth will not cross the galactic plane in 2012.

Each December the Earth and sun align with the approximate center of the Milky Way Galaxy but that is an annual event of no consequence and if the mass and gravitational impact of the sun has no effect then the alignment of the plants with such massive, massive distances would have a tiny although probably non-existent effect. icon_thumleft

ALTHOUGH....the above probably has more chance of happening that another "mini" ice age icon_thumright
Adrian Brattle

Post by Adrian Brattle »

moved to off topics
Last edited by Adrian Brattle on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Well I can only comment on what I know and not nonsense being spouted (see above)

The Earth's internal heat is generated by radioactive decay in the core which keeps the outer core molten.

I have heard that the moon's gravitational pull has an affect on this molten layer but I'm not sure how much and whether it is the sole reason for the earth's magnetic field.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Darlo Mark wrote:Well I can only comment on what I know and not nonsense being spouted (see above)

The Earth's internal heat is generated by radioactive decay in the core which keeps the outer core molten.

I have heard that the moon's gravitational pull has an affect on this molten layer but I'm not sure how much and whether it is the sole reason for the earth's magnetic field.
The moons gravitational effect is quite strong, the tides are evidence of that. Tom, the planetary alignment is not the annual one but lines up with the centre of the milky way ,this all happens once every 26000 years exactly when the 5000 year mayan calendar ends in 2012. Ok you are all probably right its all load of shallots but I have a problem with coincidences.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Let's just hope it doesn't happen I would like to enjoy a few years yet.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

I guess we will all know for certain next winter solstice 21/12/2012. The Mayans were an extraordinary civilisation, yes they sacrificed humans for sport and for gifts to their gods, but how they ever managed to build what they did and predict with such accuracy we will never know :)
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

I'l just take it as it comes :D
Though im gonna be pretty piffed next year if iv'e wasted my money on xmas presents and then the world ends before i gave them out :shock:

Just to add im on the side of the Myans icon_rabbit
Leigh