Get yer snow chains on

tropical Tom

Get yer snow chains on

Post by tropical Tom »

According to the Piers Corbyn forcast which was posted on here a few weeks ago, today, (1st Dec) and tomorrow, would bring very heavy snowfall to britain and we would have been in the grip of an extremely cold snap since last weekend :lol: :lol:
rburrena

Re: Get yer snow chains on

Post by rburrena »

Sounds like he got mixed up with last year.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I bet he is hoping people won't remember what he said, but it seems there are a lot of companies paying him for his forecasts. The problem is he seems to have a double tailed coin, so every time he flicks it to decide on his long range forecast it says... cold!
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by kata »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

It seems now the met-office have stepped down there are a select group of forecasting 'bodies' that clearly want publicity, this is one of them I suspect. They are usually a group of people who really don't care much for the accuracy of the forecasts, but want the publicity. Usually people associated with these have big egos, but lucky for them, the press have a short memory, and want a good story, so will keep on publishing these forecasts regardless of their success rate. These people do need to be demonised, as the Met-office were for their slightly inaccurate forecasts. The Met-office in my opinion are far more superior to any other amateur/only for profit weather organisation out there.

However I would be wrong to tar every forecasting company with the same brush, because sometimes it is the press who twist the words of a forecast which wasn't meant to be interpreted that way.
kata

Post by kata »

So Stevie,

Whats your prediction :?:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

my prediction involves laziness and a fence.

there will be weather at times :lol:

cant see the atlantic pattern dropping until January though... it might be cold at times, but its still atlantic and a darn sight better than last year at this time.
Paul Saunders

Post by Paul Saunders »

I have used some really big binoculars and looked up really high in the sky with them and not a snow flake in sight! Atlantic pattern remaining till January....excellent, might just have to eat the Christmas dinner off a Musa leaf then...only three more weeks or so for them to stay nice and green!
Paul.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Today was supposed to be dry and sunny, as of this morning's local forecast.

Pissеd down with rain all day. icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown icon_thumbdown

If they can't get the 3 hour forecast right, what chance have they got of the 3 month forecast??
billdango

Post by billdango »

I'm sure it was that numptie who forcasted -20c for the South Coast?

Thank God he wasn't correct,but where do they get those forcasts from.

At the moment it's raining and chilly here and only +10c.

Billdango :( :( :( :(
kata

Post by kata »

There will be weather at times
maybe some.... icon_sunny

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well Stevie I could a forcasted that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul, you nut
I have used some really big binoculars and looked up really high in the sky with them and not a snow flake in sight!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Corbyn is a strange guy when it comes to weather forecasting. No matter what is likely he just predicts extremes, why?....because it sells him media and advertising.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.