low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

sanatic1234

low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Post by sanatic1234 »

Just had a link pop up on my facebook page of a low pressure winter storm that is to hit the UK on the 8th of december effecting most of the UK. and other countries are at risk also.

Here is the link to the video showing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_bZomAZ ... rofilepage
flounder

Re: low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Post by flounder »

it can't come down to sussex yet, I haven't finished digging plants up :roll:
JakoMonster

Post by JakoMonster »

is it coming from the north ? if so the south downs protect against the north winds with tends to block snow from coming to worthing/sompting & other places in west sussex
Last edited by JakoMonster on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flounder

Post by flounder »

being close to the sea helps as well Jack, salt laden winds and all that icon_thumleft
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

South / southwest in the morning, veering round to north / northwest by late afternoon.

Strongest winds forecast for southern Scotland.
billdango

Post by billdango »

GOD help my poor banana trees.

Billdango :( :( :( :(
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

billdango wrote:GOD help my poor banana trees.

Billdango :( :( :( :(
They'd do better with help from Billdango, than from some vague non-existent deity icon_thumright
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

This could be the worst and most extreme storm to hit our shores for many years! POSSIBLE 130mph gusts in Scotland....and average 70mph+ winds for many other regions. Seriously get everything packed or tied down, that could remotely fall/blow over! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Should I be worrying about hubby who is going winter climbing in Scotland this weekend? :roll: , I reckon there will be more drinking than climbing anyway looking at conditions :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

The worst should have passed by Saturday but if he plans to set off on Friday and I seriously tell him not to....climb that is....drink sounds GOOD icon_thumleft
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Post by kata »

My Acer has been very forgiving at times Tom,

It won't take 130 though....... :lol:
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Tom2006 wrote:The worst should have passed by Saturday but if he plans to set off on Friday and I seriously tell him not to....climb that is....drink sounds GOOD icon_thumleft

The crazy fools are setting off friday afternoon, he won't listen to anything I tell him, must remember to check life insurance policies before he goes :lol:
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Thankfully my garden is mostly quite windproof (it has to be as it is quite exposed).

However, I will be having a check around tomorrow and I have a few pots that I will put in the garage.

My big concern is the time that the worst of the winds are due to hit, i.e. 3pm to 6pm, which is schools coming out and rush hour :eeek:
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

Just been on the news, a school bus blown over in Scotland, fortunately no kids on board at the time and no-one hurt. Several gusts of 100 mph reported.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Stonehenge has been recorded with 130mph gusts that came from the metoffice. They reckon tidal surges are a big possibility now bigger than they first thought. wind gusts where i am are only 58mph at current.