low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Adam D

Re: low pressure storm to hit UK 8th december.

Post by Adam D »

sanatic1234 wrote:Stonehenge has been recorded with 130mph gusts that came from the metoffice.
:eeek!:

When did that happen?

Just went to log on to our company intranet and there is a notice saying that all non-critical staff have been told to try and make their way home safely.

Looks like I have the afternoon off now as I have also been told that I can not log on again either.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

It mentions it on this video adam, the storm chaser mentions it as he was messaged whilst driving to an area where the storm was going to hit. he wanted to cach the full footage.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?acti ... ents;sess=
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

sanatic1234 wrote:Stonehenge has been recorded with 130mph gusts that came from the metoffice. They reckon tidal surges are a big possibility now bigger than they first thought. wind gusts where i am are only 58mph at current.
Stonehenge? That's in Wiltshire San, not Scotland :lol:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

It has picked up loads here now, wind speed of 32mph, gusts of 65mph. Heavy rain also. midlands is now on a 5 alert same as Scotland, wales, northern England, and northern Ireland. east Anglia are on watch but south seems OK so far.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Nathan wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:Stonehenge has been recorded with 130mph gusts that came from the metoffice. They reckon tidal surges are a big possibility now bigger than they first thought. wind gusts where i am are only 58mph at current.

I didn't mention scotland nathan?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

sanatic1234 wrote:
Nathan wrote:

I didn't mention scotland nathan?
But that's where the strongest wind speeds are, it hasn't been anywhere near that windy at Stonehenge, only gusts of around 50 mph at the most...
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I am going by the video link nathan i have been following it all day, The bloke that was driving to elie,fife, scotland got a message through saying the metoffice has recorded wind speed gusts of 130mph.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

scotlans are proper getting it now..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

sanatic1234 wrote:I am going by the video link nathan i have been following it all day, The bloke that was driving to elie,fife, scotland got a message through saying the metoffice has recorded wind speed gusts of 130mph.
Yes, but not at Stonehenge. Those strong gusts have been recorded in Scotland only...
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

I'm in Swindon, not a million miles from Stonehenge. It's windy, but nothing unusual. Not even one pot blown over yet.

I've seen stronger winds in Newcastle on a hot summers day.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I am just saying what the man said nathan if it happened or not i don't know. He just said winds gust of 130mph have been recorded at stonehenge by the metoffice? Thats all he said.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

The Codfather wrote:scotlans are proper getting it now..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/
Yeah it isn't very good there at all coddy. Hope adam stays indoors.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

MikeC wrote:I'm in Swindon, not a million miles from Stonehenge. It's windy, but nothing unusual. Not even one pot blown over yet.

I've seen stronger winds in Newcastle on a hot summers day.
yeh......its windy here now.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Nice video clip of a trampoline being pushed down the road by the wind. :lol: :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/netweather
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Over 160 mph on the top of cairngorm!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.