weather station graphs

redsquirrel

weather station graphs

Post by redsquirrel »

can anyone tell me why my history shows a min temp of -0.7 last night when i saw -1.9 on the screen? the chart clearly shows it dropped below this.
does it record the highest temp in any one hour or the average? it certainly isnt the lowest. cheers
Attachments
weeks temps 1.JPG
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stephenprudence

Re: weather station graphs

Post by stephenprudence »

Probably due to the timeframe setting, the automatic function is 1 hour between each data point, but it can vary. I've set mine to every 5 minutes - it uses a lot of data, but it helps cover any discrepancies. You should be able to find the interval time in your weather station's settings or control panel.

It's clear looking at your graph, your main data points are only 5 during the day (that's just under 4 hours per data point so its gives you a very basic output.. you need to decrease the intervals.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

cheers Steve,i was rather chuffed it worked at all after i installed it :lol: :lol: .knowing me,i will probably muck it up changing it.
when you say main data points,i have a recorded chart of every hour,is this different ??
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

redsquirrel wrote:cheers Steve,i was rather chuffed it worked at all after i installed it :lol: :lol: .knowing me,i will probably muck it up changing it.
when you say main data points,i have a recorded chart of every hour,is this different ??
I'd have to see it, but I think so, you need to go to history settings and set the main data intervals to 5 minutes and you'll have your real temperatures.

I sometimes have an issue with my screen whereby it reads too low sometimes, I'm not sure what causes it, but it jumps back to the correct temperature - not easy to know if Ive come in from work if it's reading -0.4C and it's really 1.4C but the history graph usually tells me if it's correct or not.