Welcome to March 2013

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Only 2 Days of Winter Left!

Post by Dave Brown »

I decided I'm being too negative, so will try to be positive :wink:

Much better day here too.... temp now up to 4.7C and the wind has eased off to just 20mph gusting Northeasterlies. The uniform leaden grey skies now have hints of brightness, and had a 30 second bust of sun at 13:42 :)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tom2006 »

Glorious blue skies here today. Not forecast but very very welcome. Giving the pond a water change and its pump a clean.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
CW01

Post by CW01 »

Cloudy start then sunshine at long last long may it continue icon_thumright
jezza

Post by jezza »

4 hours of continuous sunshine and 7c. Wind still around 15mph and bloody cold.
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

An air frost this morning, but we have enjoyed lovely blue skies all day and it has been quite pleasant outside this afternoon :)

Why can't we get periods of weather like this in the summer?
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Opened up the polyhouse to let the air in and it was roasting inside. Reminded me of summer. Clear skies remain now so sadly a cold night, but nothing major. Even the "coldie" lovers on the weather forums are starting to accept spring is on its way. I have a feeling that this year will be a warmer one, based on nothing other than a feeling. Shorts at the ready, milk bottles steady. icon_thumleft :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I must just live in a cold area as it is forecasting minus 2 tonight and it has been freezing all day :(
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

red sky at night shepherds delight, although the red hasn't come out so great on mobile phone camera :oops: :lol:

ps. is that a eucalyptus behind my loquat?

cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Tom2006 wrote:Opened up the polyhouse to let the air in and it was roasting inside. Reminded me of summer. Clear skies remain now so sadly a cold night, but nothing major. Even the "coldie" lovers on the weather forums are starting to accept spring is on its way. I have a feeling that this year will be a warmer one, based on nothing other than a feeling. Shorts at the ready, milk bottles steady. icon_thumleft :lol:

its going to be a stinking red hot back sweating scorcher this year Tom, icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Dave Brown wrote:I decided I'm being too negative, so will try to be positive :wink:

Much better day here too.... temp now up to 4.7C and the wind has eased off to just 20mph gusting Northeasterlies. The uniform leaden grey skies now have hints of brightness, and had a 30 second bust of sun at 13:42 :)

thats the spirit, winters done with now, its all HOT HOT HOT from here onwards icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

cordyman wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:I decided I'm being too negative, so will try to be positive :wink:

thats the spirit, winters done with now, its all HOT HOT HOT from here onwards icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
Positivity...That what I like icon_thumleft
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Well I noticed New Zealand have had a good summer and apparently according to Stephen Prudence there is a often a pattern that our weather can mirror theirs. Here's hoping!
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Well we did at last get some sunshine here today, but it was still cold. The conservatory was nice and warm though when I got home.On the way home I stopped at a garden centre...see what a bit of sunshine does for you lol... and managed to get 4 cyclamen, the autumn flowering ones, 2 hebes and a Torbay Dazzler all for the pricey some of £1.00 each :D Well chuffed!
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

I'm hope that we can dry the soil out a little this summer as you sink 2 inch when you step of the patio :lol: :D
pdid

Post by pdid »

Potentially the coldest night of the Winter here last night. I had -2.8 leaving at 5.40 this morning and we usually loose another degree as the dawn breaks. Lowest of the season was back in December at -3.9. At least daytime should see a good recovery and a bright sunny day.