The April 2013 discussion thread

flounder

Re: The April 2013 discussion thread

Post by flounder »

It's icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny
Reached 14c out front! Broken cloud now rolling in so only 13c and dropping. Only went to put the rubbish out but decided to linger. I'm sure I can hear the weeds growing :lol:
What a buzz that was, feeling the natural warmth of the sun, the sensation of a bead of sweat trickling down my face....so used to wearing a fleece when going outside, I started to cook in my on juices :shock:
Yes ladies and gentlemen, spring has sprung on the south coast icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

A little sun but the sky looks a little unpredictable at the moment. :?
Troppoz

Post by Troppoz »

otorongo wrote:Those frustrating cold nights, eh? I like my nights warm, 28C is about perfect. Had that in Rio in February. You don't need any of that blanket/duvet nonsense, and you can watch the stars.
Right on brother! :lol:

I find 24c is the threshold for me, anything under 24c and its doonah time. I sleep best when its 26-28c.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

At least I'm now out of the arctic, and nearer an average Feb temp. 4C more will bring me up to April average. 16C more will take me up to an April warm spell :lol:

I have been able to wash both of my cars, and the kids have washed theirs. Couldn't do it before as the water defied gravity in the howling northeasterlies. Went out with only a Tshirt, rubgy shirt and zipper neck fleece. :ahhh!: must be warmer :lol:

Temps at 9.2C now, but wind gusts have dropped from NNE 35mph to NNE 15mph so don't get from the Arctic as quickly :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

Without doubt best day of the year. just back from biking and about to try out the bosch lawnmower of my mums on garden. And at last it feels like I could get a tan today!
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

14.4 max so far today. Gorgeous sunny day, very little breeze........... icon_sunny icon_sunny
flounder

Post by flounder »

Dave Brown wrote:At least I'm now out of the arctic, and nearer an average Feb temp. 4C more will bring me up to April average. 16C more will take me up to an April warm spell :lol:

I have been able to wash both of my cars, and the kids have washed theirs. Couldn't do it before as the water defied gravity in the howling northeasterlies. Went out with only a Tshirt, rubgy shirt and zipper neck fleece. :ahhh!: must be warmer :lol:

Temps at 9.2C now, but wind gusts have dropped from NNE 35mph to NNE 15mph so don't get from the Arctic as quickly :wink:
Please tell me you were wearing cacks as well :shock:
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Port of Rotterdam today :)
sunsetfgsdge423r.png
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

flounder wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:At least I'm now out of the arctic, and nearer an average Feb temp. 4C more will bring me up to April average. 16C more will take me up to an April warm spell :lol:

Please tell me you were wearing cacks as well :shock:
Yes, CAA has made me wear them now, too many hang gliders ditched in the Thames when I didn't :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brilliant pic Robbin icon_thumright
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by rburrena »

Troppoz wrote:
otorongo wrote:Those frustrating cold nights, eh? I like my nights warm, 28C is about perfect. Had that in Rio in February. You don't need any of that blanket/duvet nonsense, and you can watch the stars.
Right on brother! :lol:

I find 24c is the threshold for me, anything under 24c and its doonah time. I sleep best when its 26-28c.
These are the night time temps I dream of. Only had this once in my life when I visited Hong Kong. Just to go out at night t-shirt and shorts and flip flops and not worry about being cold. Then you are NEVER cold. I just love that. Even on a really hot day here (30C+) it almost always dips below 20C at night. :cry:
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

Today we had 12 degrees and sunshine all day. It is the warmest 12 degrees I've ever felt! It's amazing how our bodies adjust get used to weather! Beautiful day in the garden, first day of spring!
RogerBacardy

Post by RogerBacardy »

A brilliant day, 14C and loads of sunshine. The kids were on their hammocks in the garden reading books, wife and I were playing keepy-uppy badminton on the lawn, the plants were smiling and our cat was sunbathing.

We finally got our outdoor room back :)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

RogerBacardy wrote:A brilliant day, 14C and loads of sunshine. The kids were on their hammocks in the garden reading books, wife and I were playing keepy-uppy badminton on the lawn, the plants were smiling and our cat was sunbathing.

We finally got our outdoor room back :)
I must be in Narnia :ahhh!: 5C colder than you :ahhh!: :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fern Rob »

Tempratures have been good around my area little wind and walm enouph to garden and sit outside, without being freezing.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Darlo Mark wrote:Today we had 12 degrees and sunshine all day. It is the warmest 12 degrees I've ever felt! It's amazing how our bodies adjust get used to weather! Beautiful day in the garden, first day of spring!

12*c here today, but boy did it feel like 20*c!!!! Either i'm so climatised to 1-5*c anything will feel good, or the sun today really had some heat behind it icon_scratch Cut the lawn and sorted all the rubbish out in the borders, weeded, leaves, etc etc Tshirt and shorts which I left on from biking, and was still warm at 6pm! Amazing what just 1 really good day can do to your spirits, so if next weekend can top todays temps, well i'll be a happy man icon_sunny icon_sunny icon_sunny