At last?

stephenprudence

At last?

Post by stephenprudence »

A fairly decent spell of benign mild weather could be coming up (with humidity). I'm not going to say it'll be warm because it wont but it will feel pleasant. The best thing is that for 3-4 days night temperatures will be around 12-13C, a dip after than may occur, then back to mild high pressure systems again. The problem is these high pressure systems may be filled with cloud unless you're on the south coast/south of the M4 corridor.

This spell of weather looks fairly certain but beyond 120 hours is a bit risky, it looks a good chance of occurring, but something bothering about it and I don't know what it is.

The certain thing is that milder weather looks like coming towards the weekend with temperatures going into next week possibly 14 or 15C. It's not perfect but I'd rather take 13C and cloud over a clear freeze anyday.
Dave in Warrington

Re: At last?

Post by Dave in Warrington »

Another mild day today, 14th Nov, the weekend and the following week look mild on the weather models.

From Sunday 23rd of November it currently looks from the computers as if the wind will swing NW and then Northerly and we are due for another cold snap !
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Beautiful day here.... sunshine.... no wind, well under 20mph anyway. reached 14.6C which is not spectacular for November, but better than we have had so far :wink: I will have to start thinking about bringing plants in, Virtually everything is still where it was for summer :ahhh!: Sun only reached 20.3 deg altitude here today and will be below 20 by Sunday.

Here was the sun streaming in on Tues 11th
11112008 garden 015.jpg
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

A sunny day here too Dave, reached 15.7C here today with a light wind.

The sun here must be about 17 degrees in angular terms but felt rather warm outside when the sun was out!

Yes indeed we are heading into a possible cold snap in a weeks time, but I'm not convinced that it is 100% certain.
stephenprudence

How bloomin annoying :lol:

I was looking forward to waving to cold going down into Europe on Friday but actually it looks like it's going to hit here full pelt.

Tonight very cold too, frost likely.

Here now it's 5.5C I think an air frost is likely here tonight and ground frost certain, if the temperatures dont slow down from falling.

Oh the perils of living in this god forsaken country icon_blackeye ;)
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

The temperature is falling away under clear skies here tonight.

The computer models now have much colder weather predicted for the coming week, what a change in the forecast in just 2 days ?
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Dave in Warrington wrote:The temperature is falling away under clear skies here tonight.
Same here, sky clearing but much later than for you guys so maybe the freefall won't go as low. Forecast south side of Thames is 3 to 4C North of Thames 1 to 2C.
ws161108 1913.gif
I was going to move plants in over the weekend, but it didn't happen, as was cutting things back to let the sun through. Today started to rain about 11am until just before 3pm.

Speed bumps keep breaking my car headlamp bulbs, so the rest of daylight was spent buying and replacing yet another halogen bulb. £19 a pair. :ahhh!: Starting to get expensive With ABS damaged, wiring looms chaffing, and now bulbs breaking. The joys of sports suspension in council created off roading conditions. Even a 5mph it just breaks the car. It was not designed for these conditions. icon_thumbdown :evil: (rant over)
Dave in Warrington wrote:The computer models now have much colder weather predicted for the coming week, what a change in the forecast in just 2 days ?
I don't really take much notice until the 2 day forecast.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

It's another potential set back, The houseplants cannot go back in the house, so they're probably going have to snuff it. The temperature even here will drop below 0C very easily if the current models are correct.

Meanwhile in the current time temperatures are rising away from frost, currently 5.2C after a low of 5.0C at about 6pm. Cloud filtering over but not a breath of wind.