Windiest night for 2 years ;-(

stephenprudence

Re: Windiest night for 2 years ;-(

Post by stephenprudence »

Indeed Dave, the treasured or resented 'Bartlett High' (depending on whether you ski and like tropical gardening). We get odd days of balmy sunshine. Can't quote any actual dates but January 2001, rain with 17C (the weirdest winter combination I've ever seen). Many 15C, in fact January 2006 had 7 days on or over 15C, however they were night time maximum and sun didn't feature. There are a few examples in 1998, 18C (rounded up I suspect, I'll have to check records again) reached. We get many foehn effects in winter but they last the odd day, rather than for a week or two.

only currently 4.2C now, a far cry from westerlies of recent year where we could record 8 or 9C with the relative heat from the sea, it's just not there this year. Enough to prevent frost though, only just.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Another wet and windy weekend here...... but not as bad as Northern Spain..... Just heard BBC forecast the storm of the decade there on Sunday, and they used the H word, yes Hurricane force winds :ahhh!: As long as it doesn't steam up through Biscay like the October 1987 storm. Storms this powerful can become very unpredictable :ahhh!:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GARYnNAT »

sorry i am a bit late to the party here but what a great pic Barrie :D

Gary
Petefree

Post by Petefree »

Love that picture, Barrie
Very atmospheric!
A 'decisive moment' captured if ever I saw one.
Pete icon_salut