BBC predicts +10C for Sunday !

stephenprudence

Re: BBC predicts +10C for Sunday !

Post by stephenprudence »

You could be right there Lucien re: the snow thing.

Back to frosts I'm afraid.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

10.9C yesterday, 10.6C today, and the forecast for here on metcheck is between 0C and -6 from this weekend to March 3rd. If the forecast for March 3rd of -6C turns out to be reality it will be the coldest march temp here since I moved here in 1984. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Nathan »

Metcheck are as useful as a chocolate fireguard! Not to mention the site is owned by a convicted child rapist... :evil:
photonbucket

Post by photonbucket »

Nathan wrote:Metcheck are as useful as a chocolate fireguard! Not to mention the site is owned by a convicted child rapist... :evil:
I used to like Metcheck but I now think its way off the mark most of the time. You may as well predict the weather using Mystic Meg.

As for the rapist claim, I hate hear say but it appears it is true, after Googling and finding the offenders name on a number of sites. Some people have even published his mobile number, which will of course be out of date.
stephenprudence

It's 10.4C here now, I can safely say I'm well ahead of any other stations in the UK (apart from maybe amateur stations) which makes me feel good!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

My Metcheck forecast for the next 14 days doesn't look too bad at all. Nothing below 0C and pretty average temps.... icon_scratch
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

Most forecast models are frost free to the end of the month but the wind direction doesn't look good for the start of March, bringing in cold northerlies.
stephenprudence

Yep it seems that a few days ago the models were suggesting a return to frosty conditions. There was actually a big error in one of the outputs, and therefore rendered it useless. There may be one or two light frosts for parts of the UK for one or two nights this week into the weekend, but until the weekend, mild by day and decent by night.

By the way I smelled that summer smell in the air tonight, really quite bizarre.
stephenprudence

Oh great, the skies cleared and the temperature is dropping the fastest Ive ever seen it drop. I'm going to be the only one with frost tonight in the UK, possibly ice too :roll:

Not happy because I kept me new Scheffy out there tonight on the promise of a mild night!
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Frost Stephen?

Wow, I just went outside and it's 7C here.....
stephenprudence

Yep David, and falling about 2C every 20 minutes (the trend).

It's 3.3 now with no sign of cloud on the horizon.

I wouldn't mind but it's not the best way to introduce a Scheffy arboricola to our crappy climate... :lol: I think the rapid temperature drop may cause it some bad damage. It could well be dead in a few days and Ive only had a day :lol:

I would go out now and bring it in but I cant, its all locked up as the parents are in bed, and I'm not sure where the key is..

Ah well another dead plant? :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

I wouldn't have left that Scheffy outside in the first place Stephen, it is still February!
The poor plant will have been grown in warm conditions & will only be able to go outside safely from about May really, they need to gradually get used to cooler conditions... Even putting it outside in 10C is going to shock it...
stephenprudence

I shouldn't have got it, I'm not 'allowed' to bring it in the house now. I tried to take it in the house and was told 'no more plants in the house'. I think I'll have to let this one die.

Last night it fell to 3.0C according to my thermo, may as well be snowing with that too :roll: :lol:
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Can you not keep it in your bedroom?? It's quite good though that S. arboricola's are cheap to buy, that's the only reason I risked planting mine out...
stephenprudence

I could sneak it in when the parents arent looking although I'd be asking for it :lol:

they are cheap indeed, might get another one in the summer of a different colour variation to go with it (assuming it doesnt die)