Condensation on car windows this morning!

cordyman

Condensation on car windows this morning!

Post by cordyman »

Can't remember the last time I had misted up car windows full of condensation, bedroom windows were the same. Must have gone to a real low last night with humidity to cause this?

Feels very fresh and cool outside at the moment, with clear blue skies and forcast 22 later :)
stephenprudence

Re: Condensation on car windows this morning!

Post by stephenprudence »

Where abouts are you from in Northwest UK?

Some places would have gone to about 6-7C in rural parts, I would have suggested it would have been close to a ground frost in Scotland.

Here the minimum looks like it's bottomed out at 11.8C but it's on the rise now at 12.4C - still thats way below average and it does feel chilly outside in the breeze. Not too much condensation around, but a little on cars.

For Mid-late August these ground temperatures readings are absolutely shocking, some of the lowest since later August 2003 I would suggest. In fact if we assume the RAF Conningsby one is correct that's their first ground frost on the year..

Coningsby (6 m) 0°
Aboyne (140 m) 1°
Wittering (73 m) 1°
Hereford/Credenhill (76 m) 2°
Benson (57 m) 2°
Topcliffe (28 m) 2°
Brize Norton (81 m) 2°
Marham (21 m) 2°
Coleshill (96 m) 3°
Sennybridge (307 m) 3°
Shawbury (72 m) 3°
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Wow Stephen, that are quite cold temperatures what you are showing. Was this only for one night, last night or can in be more in the forecast for the coming days?

Here I don't see any of that, minimum from 14.6C over here.

Robbin
stephenprudence

Robbin these are not air temperatures, they are ground temperatures (taken at 5cm), but even so thats low for the time of year, more like the sort of ground temperatures you'd expect in November.

The lowest air temperature in UK was somewhere in central UK and it was recorded as +4C.

If we remember last year though wasn't it October that parts of Florida was seeing air frost, I mean that's very early, so something going wrong :lol:
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

stephenprudence wrote:Where abouts are you from in Northwest UK?

Some places would have gone to about 6-7C in rural parts, I would have suggested it would have been close to a ground frost in Scotland.

Here the minimum looks like it's bottomed out at 11.8C but it's on the rise now at 12.4C - still thats way below average and it does feel chilly outside in the breeze. Not too much condensation around, but a little on cars.

For Mid-late August these ground temperatures readings are absolutely shocking, some of the lowest since later August 2003 I would suggest. In fact if we assume the RAF Conningsby one is correct that's their first ground frost on the year..

Coningsby (6 m) 0°
Aboyne (140 m) 1°
Wittering (73 m) 1°
Hereford/Credenhill (76 m) 2°
Benson (57 m) 2°
Topcliffe (28 m) 2°
Brize Norton (81 m) 2°
Marham (21 m) 2°
Coleshill (96 m) 3°
Sennybridge (307 m) 3°
Shawbury (72 m) 3°

Manchester, it rains a lot here but we don't get mornings like today until middle of September usually :?
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

The weather is a bag of pus, but what can you do?

I was brought up in the West Country and I can remember thinking "jees, Manchester is soo far north".

Nowadays i think "Manchester is a long way south". Your weather isn't great, but it is better than the nonsense we receive up here :lol:

Being a southerner at heart I still can not get my head around Manchester being down south...
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Records from last night Stephen?

For the east in Holland also a quite cold night with larger scale 6-8C. Here nothing from that all, not cooler then 14.1C

Robbin
stephenprudence

Nothing bad Robbin, the milder air returned last night, the lowest on mainland UK was about 11C, in England about 12C.

Here I recorded 16.2C as minimum so no problems.

I have no been below double figures for 3 months nearly now which is how it should be icon_cheers

Seems eastern Holland got what UK got in places yesterday
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Jup,

Some parts in the east is getting colder again during the nights. Here in the southwest no "cold" nights.

Like yours, 16C is good. Above the 15C here to again last night. Wednesday and thursday the nighttemperatures going to 17-18C again.

Robbin
stephenprudence

15C here last night, but very cool today at 17C so far.
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

stephenprudence wrote:15C here last night, but very cool today at 17C so far.
Well, then I see a difference there because the temperature is 28C over here at the moment.

Robbin