2009 Summer Temperature Statistics

Exotic Life

Re: 2009 Summer Temperature Statistics

Post by Exotic Life »

Interesting people. I will post my stats later.
irish dave

Re: Summer Temperature Statistics

Post by irish dave »

[quote="Alexander"]Especially that -3,6 at grass level the 6 of June in Birr! Brrrrr, that's very cold.

Yep,that's the midlands for ya,it went down to -13.9c grass level in January 6th in the winter :shock: Birr is the coldest place in southern Ireland hence the name, brrrrrrrrrrr :lol: Check our winter summary the coldest winter here in the west in 8 years and the rest of the country for 18 years www.met.ie/climate/monthly_summarys/winter09.pdf also in the midlands mullingar recorded the coldest temp of -7.3c. And spring summaries www.met.ie/climate/monthly_summarys/spring09.pdf as you can see the west of Ireland and Atlantic coasts has a different climate from the east and midlands. Nothing but the official facts here folks icon_thumleft www.met.ie/climate/monthly_summarys/summer09.pdf Temps were above normal in spring and summer
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Here the summer was warmer and sunnier then normal. About 7 days with 25 or more, one tropical day of 30+ and about 66 days with 20 or warmer.This is for The Hague area. It was enough to let my Komarov lotus produce 15 flowers on the allotment. A record!

In the east, south and southeast much warmer.

Alexander
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Ok here something from here...

74 days with 20C or higher.
30 days with 25C or higher.
4 days with 30C or higher.

47 nights with 15C or higher.
2 nights with 20C or higher.

Highest maximum this summer 34.3C (20th August.)
Lowest maximum this summer 15.6C (4th June)

Highest minimum this summer 21.8C (19th August)
Lowest minimum this summer 7.8C (5th June)

Average daytemperatures.
June: 21.4C
July: 23.5C
August: 25.0C

Average nighttemperatures.
June: 12.9C
July: 15.4C
August: 15.9C
Last edited by Exotic Life on Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
eddie

Post by eddie »

In the east, south and southeast much warmer.
In my sheltered innercity garden warmer too. Especially at night. I've not kept stats, but there were quite a few nights around 19-20C.
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Exotic Life wrote:Ok here something from here...

73 days with 20C or higher.
30 days with 25C or higher.
4 days with 30C or higher.
Interesting Robbin, you max temp was higher, but you had more colder days than me. I had 78 days >21C, whereas you only had 73 days > 20C. so I had 14 days cooler than 21C, and you had 19 days cooler than 20C
:wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Exotic Life »

Dave,

I made a little mistake, had 18 days below 20C. However the helft of them where above the 19C with a couple close to the 20 like 19.8 and 19.9C and the most of them where in June. In the month July and August together where only 4 days lower then 20C.

But well, summer was in statestics not bad.

Robbin
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

About the rainfall.

Recieved 234mm during the months June, July and August. Looks like many but compared to the dry periods and temperatures and also the times when it was falling it was not enough for not yellowing plants.

For example more then 50% of that rainfall was falling in 7 times during a heavy thunderstorm in the night or something. 7th of July was the highest with 37mm at from a couple showers. The problem is when the rain is falling very heavy and fast down the most of the rain don't get into the ground but it's flooding away. I do have a sandy soil, so it's going twice as fast.

So it sounds maybe really strange but if I look to the weather forecast at the moment, with later continue temperatures between the 21-23C and sunshine and almost no rainfall I have to give some parts of the garden water again because everything is still growing for sure. :)

So conclusion, it's more and more drier but when it's raining there is falling a lot! However since I keeping the records from 2006, this is till now the driest year, even drier then 2006.

Robbin