Catastrophic wheather conditions

countrylover

Re: Catastrophic wheather conditions

Post by countrylover »

Global warming is like a UFO. Everybody heard of it but nobody ever seen it.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Well of course you haven't seen it, you're not going to see it are you? :lol: icon_salut
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

Well, you never know. Sumtimes when I'm too drunk I see many weird things :lol: :lol:
stephenprudence

:lol:

You're safe until the government start pumping out visible carbon dioxide! :wink:
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

If CO2 is so bad for our atmosphere maybe we should stop breathing :?:
stephenprudence

I imagine too much of it is bad but I don't think there could ever be too much. I imagine there's a safety sink somewhere should it become too much - still without CO2 we wouldn't exist. It's a precious gas, like oxygen.

I'd take loads of CO2 rather than none.

Of course with a rise in CO2 naturally comes a rise in oxygen - then everything becomes supersize!
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

Ther will never be too much CO2. Everybody knows plants "eat" it (including plankton) and make oxygen out of it.
About 100 years ago in western Poland people would grow CIDPs (outdoors all year round) and other tropical stuff, now they struggle to grow Chusan palms. So the explanation to this is: over 100 years we had global warming, global cooling and global warming again.
Edo

Post by Edo »

Who the hell talks abou global warming?
Im freeezing in here, right now we have -2C degrees, and it isnt even November!
I would like to see that temperature rise.
Check it out on BBC :http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/169
countrylover

Post by countrylover »

I ain't never said nothing about global warming :lol:
-2 yer saying, +4 here right now and they say it's gonna get warmer with every day icon_cheers +12 on Tuesday/Wednesday :DD
They also say this winter in central Europe will be very warm like in 1997 - cold and snowy October, and unusually warm Dec., Jan. and Feb thanks to El Niño's anomaly. We shall see, but if it's gonna be like then western Europe will get their cold and snow
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I have noticed something similar here where some of the mildest winters have a cold November and April. and these months see the coldest daytime temps during the year... In between we get 4 stormy, but mild monthd from December to March but getting way below average temps in November might see daytime temps of +3 or 4C -4C at night, then +7C and-3C in April, but it is far better than getting below average in Jan and Feb like this year. :wink:

Last year Florida was having frost at about this time :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by countrylover »

Here in our continental climate cold spring months are the worst thing that can affect our plants. I had a huge blue passion flower once. It endured many days/weeks of temps like -22 and at the beginning of spring still looked green and healthy, but when we had April with +15-20 during t'day and -2--5 at nite it just died, the same often happens to any evergreens here :(
Praise The Lord for garden fleece :!:
stephenprudence

Dave Brown wrote:I have noticed something similar here where some of the mildest winters have a cold November and April. and these months see the coldest daytime temps during the year... In between we get 4 stormy, but mild monthd from December to March but getting way below average temps in November might see daytime temps of +3 or 4C -4C at night, then +7C and-3C in April, but it is far better than getting below average in Jan and Feb like this year. :wink:

Last year Florida was having frost at about this time :roll:
Oh yes I remember we started those threads on Florida, perhaps in future when Florida gets an early frost we should take it as a warning sign!
Edo

Post by Edo »

Lets just see, but i believe that what you guys (Dave, Country and Stephen) have said.
Now its around 0, and before couple of hours it was around 2.

Only thing that makes me a bit more happy is BBC´s forecast that says that next days temperature will rise.
Edo

Post by Edo »

Some update on Trachycarpus, prickly pear cactus, Washie, dactylifera, Bamboo palm, Butia, Sabal and Pinus Pinea.

None of those have any kind of protection, and as you can see are largely untouched.
Now, cold tolerance comes in full light.
Attachments
Large Trachycarpus
Large Trachycarpus
prickly pear
prickly pear
Washie, close up
Washie, close up
Slike Prenj 279.jpg
Slike Prenj 285.jpg
Three Pinus pineas with Sabal Palmetto seedling
Three Pinus pineas with Sabal Palmetto seedling
Bamboo with Dactylifera palms
Bamboo with Dactylifera palms
Date + Butia palms
Date + Butia palms
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

made me laugh reading this Dave. 6.1. you'd have settled for that all winter wouldnt you,i would have for sure
Dave Brown wrote: Was pretty cold in places last night went down to 6.1C here but clear skies. Looked at Wundermaps at 06:30ish this morning and places between Basingstioke and Southampton were showing 0 and 1C :shock:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure