Another Cold Spell Approaches

daftbanana

Another Cold Spell Approaches

Post by daftbanana »

Our area is forecast to drop to -2/-3 tonight and -6 forecast for Saturday night! Looks like another 'arctic spell' is approaching!
stephenprudence

Re: Another Cold Spell Approaches

Post by stephenprudence »

Returning to something more traditional in cold spells the temperature isn't forecast to drop below -1C during this cold spell here, we'll see!
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

The 14 day forecast is cold with frosts during the day here too. It could be bleak on the Wirral too with no protection from those northerlies :wink:
eddie

Post by eddie »

Forecasts here on the continent don't look to good either. Mother Russia is sending some of its air to us next week. :ahhh!: :ahhh!: :ahhh!:
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

Dave in Warrington wrote:The 14 day forecast is cold with frosts during the day here too. It could be bleak on the Wirral too with no protection from those northerlies :wink:
Yes envisage alot of snow, but in general frost shouldn't be much of a problem. NWly winds always has a good and a bad side here. Still Ill take the snow if it doesnt freeze at night
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Personally I'll have the frost,it's difficult to drive on snow,frost doesn't pose that problem.The roads round here don't get much in the way of salt.

metalhammer.
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

I'll go for that metalhammer. Took over an hour to get to the office today, just 16miles, lot of it on packed snow / ice.......perhaps there's no salt left in Cheshire to put on the roads.
Abandoned commute, parked the car up, due to sliding cars and associated queues and walked the last mile :!:

On Saturday, crisp and frosty, but lovely sunny day, popped down to Birmingham in the same time icon_salut
Nick

Post by Nick »

Dad told me he saw the weather forecast tonight for us, and it will start with a frost but some real mucky wet weather is going to arrive in the early hrs so it will be wet for people driving into work, where I am on 6-2's so will be outside working in the bl##dy rain, I've frozen my nuts off for the last 4 days and now it looks like I'll be wet first thing, deep joy, O do come on summer PLEASE hurry up and arrive we beg of you do.

icon_sunny icon_sunny