finally!

stephenprudence

finally!

Post by stephenprudence »

Some potentially warmer weather to enjoy oh and a absence of volcanic ash!

Southwesterly winds look like feeding up bringing some warm, more humid weather. However don't get too excited, it does not mean there will be wall to wall sunshine and also there's no real agreement on how long it will last

The GFS model suggests a very warm period of 7-8 days with sunshine, and highs between 21-23C.

The ECM model however predicts a more mild 2-3 days of around 16-18C with cloud, and rain and northern and western areas, followed by a cool westerly wind.

I am siding with the ECM model on this one as I get the overall impressions it will be a short and not so warm affair, but pleasant after all the cool weather we have right now.

Also bas news for Northern Ireland, Scotland and perhaps Northwest England and Wales - rain and cloud with strong winds and cool generally the outlook here from most of the models.

Southeast and Central areas though looking good at least for three days!

I also expect cold northerlies to make a quick return! So enjoy it!
Adam D

Re: finally!

Post by Adam D »

All I can say is pfffft!
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

We could do with some warm rain after the weekend :roll:
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

hmm the models are not doing good things. Seems calling a warm weekend-next week may have been a little premature.

Looks increasingly like a week with cool-average temperatures and some cloud/rain away from the southeast corner (where it should be warm and sunny), big shift if you ask me!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

All seems like normal to me. We suffer these NE winds every spring, but when they go the temps really warm up here.

I'm slowly collating the temps for Gravesend since 1988 With Ave Max/min and highest lowest per month. The temps seem to be from a very exposed place down by the river, which is not maybe the best representation of local weather. Coldest official temps so far is -7.4C in 1991 :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

7C max forecast for tomorrow with light rain at times.

14C on Saturday.

13C on Sunday.

And I have come off my Prozac 12 days ago :(

I feel flat as a pancake, I really do.
Darlo Mark

Post by Darlo Mark »

as we know April can be very changable!