Dont want to jinx things but..

stephenprudence

Dont want to jinx things but..

Post by stephenprudence »

The warmth and settled weather looks like it's coming back to most of the country slowly over the course of the next two weeks.

It's quite an assured pattern but I'm sure many know and will tell me, nothings every assured when it comes to weather forecasting.

It looks good for most though (except the rainfall situation)
redsquirrel

Re: Dont want to jinx things but..

Post by redsquirrel »

hope you're right Steve, not enjoying donning a jacket to walk the dogs,too muggy but dont want to get soaked
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I have also heard that this rain and wind is not set to last. And tuesday in the east midlands is going get its hottest day of the year so far. Even today is forecast 25c.
kata

Post by kata »

Ya wot?

Even Kuala Luimpur has no escape from heavy rain.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Us/me that is. I don't know what next door thinks but I just howled out loud :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good mind to have a coffee
Attachments
weatherwig.gif
weatherwig.gif (25.51 KiB) Viewed 1111 times
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Unlucky you kata. To be honest here in lincolnshire has seen more sunshine than rain although we did have a good spell of rain the other day. but apart from that its just sun with very strong to strong winds. next week gives an OK week. I think my region is just escaping most of it. which weather channel do you follow?
kata

Post by kata »

BBC San,

The plants are loving it. We had a great hot summer, still is very warm here. First all day dry today so I spotted a previous dug hole in the front lawn and planted my young Acer.

Image is in the offtopic 'name' so I don't overload Dave and Aden hosting.

:lol: :lol:
Dave in Warrington

Post by Dave in Warrington »

I'll accept the warmth will come back but the word 'settled' doesn't cut it with me icon_scratch

It's warm today but showery with 80% humidity, great for the tropicals so let's wait and see how July fares.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Its been sunny, hot, dry, and windy today. But no rain. :( I had to hose my plants yet again (my bill is going to be high). I to watch the bbc weather kata. Very strange. But they did forecast lincolnshire with quite a few days of persistent rain but we only got rain on the 1 day for only 3-4 hours. There are some very dark clouds that pass over at times but it never comes to anything. Only the wind gets stronger. I would love a good weeks worth of rain. So would my plants.
metalhammer

Post by metalhammer »

Looks like a couple of warm days,mid 20's,but precious little rain.

metalhammer.
kata

Post by kata »

LOL from hysteria because here its crazy,

Rain to wakeup to yet again. :lol: :lol: :lol: Its gonna be that 40 days and nights you know!
stephenprudence

This week looks like it will be particularly thundery from mid week onwards. Low pressure pumping in warm air below an area of cooler, drier air in ascent. This will be particularly prevalent over Northwest England where we could see some strong thunderstorms Wed/Thurs and Fri.

Feeling very muggy at ground level all week.

This summer is starting to remind me of 2004, a summer in which wet, warm and thundery weather ruled the mid summer period
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

good growing weather icon_thumright
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
kata

Post by kata »

Well yes, it is Red..good weather for growing but..

Its actually perfect conditions for the plants. Some sun followed by gentle rain then vice versa.

I hate the thought I might need those wellies I discarded though.

icon_cheers icon_cheers :lol:
stephenprudence

Judging by whats scurrying up the coast of western England/Wales right now I wouldn't put too much faith in 'gentle rain'! :shock:
jacko

Post by jacko »

exactly stephen its torrential vertical rain here.